Unable to connect to any Battlefield 4 Beta servers due to activation problems

by SonicMattster

Original Post

Re: Can't join to server. EA servers problem?

★★★★ Novice

Same problem since yesterday evening :

error
Could not join server Soccer ball

Yesterday afternoon, after I updated my drivers nvidia to 327.xx and I got lot of lags = back to the update 320.49 (had installed 317.xx) and connected 5 times after I could not config my binded keys onto the options menu, since the both update = error Could not join server Soccer ball since last 24 hours ????

Message 10 of 33 (2,257 Views)

Cannot Join Any Games: "unable to connect to EA servers to activate Battlefield 4"

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. More specifically, my warning says exactly:

We're sorry, an error has occurred

We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Battlefield 4™ Exclusive Beta (64-Bit Only) on this computer using your account. Please try again later. 

I'm talking to an EA guy (live chat) who's looking into it. I'm actually really impressed they offer live support chat. 

I'll let y'all know if I figure it out with him. 

//Chase.

Message 11 of 33 (3,903 Views)

Re: Cannot Join Any Games: "unable to connect to EA servers to activate Battlefield 4"

★ Novice

I solved it. It was actually my fault.

A long time ago, when origin was new and there was a privacy discussion here in germany that origin would track everything you do and collect every data, I tried to avoid it.

There was a suggestion that you should block it from calling home by adding a false DNS entry in your hosts file.

I totally forgot about this.

Once I deleted it, it worked.

Message 12 of 33 (3,894 Views)

Re: Cannot Join Any Games: "unable to connect to EA servers to activate Battlefield 4"

★★★ Newbie

Glad to hear that you solved it for yourself.

I didn't do such a thing, however. 

I'm a web developer, and I'm sure it's no coincidence -- it's likely some kind of conflict or byproduct of a not-so-standard network configuration of my doing somewhere down the line. 

Joseph, the EA Live Support Guy and I, have been trying a great many things to debug this, but to no avail.

I think I'm going to give up for the night -- or week.

Hopefully it'll spontaneously start working with some Origin/Battlelog/BF4 updates -- or maybe when I reinstall my system one of these days...

If I do happen to look into it more and find a solution, I'll try to remember to let you all know. 

//Chase.

Message 13 of 33 (3,889 Views)

Re: Can't join to server. EA servers problem?

★★ Novice

Well heres the pickle, I downloaded Origin to my laptop to just give it a try.. you never know.
The laptop is not a gaming laptop however, I downloaded BF4 to it.

Tried it with my account on my gaming PC, had to log off on my gaming pc to use it.
It took awhile but BF4 booted, and I managed to go ingame.

My laptop has Windows 8, and not the best of specifications, but I got into game, no error whatsoever.
I'm really not in the mood to hear that its gonna be okay with the Open Beta, because this is something else! This just shows how EA tech support never stops to amaze me. They really remind me of "Have you tried turning it on and off again" ICT tech support...

I have downloaded every single driver to update my pc completely (Chipset, Video card etc), and still no prevail. The only thing im thinking of is reinstalling my entire OS, but I doubt the Beta is really worth the trouble.

Message 14 of 33 (2,201 Views)

We are sorry, an error has occurred. Battlefield 4 can't join servers!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to join Battlefield 4 servers today with open beta and recieving "We're sorry, an error has occurred." "We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Battlefield 4beta (64-Bit Only) on this computer using your account. Please try again later"

This is really annoying, my other 2 friends are not having this issue.

Thanks in advance!

http://i.imgur.com/dm3b52n.png

Message 15 of 33 (2,104 Views)

I cant connect to the ea servers for the bf4 beta on pc

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After tons of issues downlaoding the beta now if have this one.

Every time I click to join a server, I get this message (i have a screenshot too.)

"We're sorry, and error has occurred.

We are unable to connect to ea servers to activate Battlefield 4 beta (64 bit only) on this computer using your account. Please try again later."

I downloaded the beta today and installed fine. But i cant even join a server? How do i fix this.

Message 16 of 33 (5,774 Views)

Re: I cant connect to the ea servers for the bf4 beta on pc

★★★ Newbie

For me norton was the prob have your virus protector allow bf4.

Message 17 of 33 (5,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem  and i  seemed to have fixed it by checking/disabling a old version esn launch mozzila plugin(1.116.0.0)and then enabling the newer version in firefox also double checking my firewall settings to make sure it was allowed hope it helps.

Message 18 of 33 (3,605 Views)

Re: I cant connect to the ea servers for the bf4 beta on pc

★★★ Newbie

I have nortons 360. Where do i go to allow bf4?

Message 20 of 33 (3,390 Views)