Unable to Join Populated Servers

by Scorple7

Original Post

Unable to Join Populated Servers

★★ Novice

Since I bought the game five days ago I've had a problem joining any servers with more than about four people playing them. I consistently receive an error, "Game disconnected: client closed down connection." I have tried updating punkbuster manually, forwarding various ports, enabling and disabling features on my router, turning on and off firewalls and virus protection, and even using Internet Explorer (my default browser is Chrome). I expected the problem to be fixed after an announcement a server bug fix was being rolled out, but the problem persists. I thought the problem might be resolved after the server maintenance earlier today, but it was not.

I'm being as patient as I can with this issue because I know the game came out recently and is bound to have bugs, but obviously not everyone is having the problem as I see full servers listed, and being a premium member I have never spent more money for a video game, let alone one that I can't play at the advertised and anticipated capacity. I know there are already a few threads on this error if not this specific issue and I don't mean to spam, but all the other ones I've come across are either full of suggestions that don't work or have degenerated into rage directed at DICE and EA.

But that is more than enough exposition. Does anyone have any suggestions for this issue that work consistently? If not, can anyone tell me if DICE or EA have acknowledged this issue in particular? I know they are addressing issues with queues and mid-game disconnects, but I've yet to see them address the inability to join servers.

Any assistance or information is so much appreciated. I am happy to provide any additional details from my end that would contribute to resolving my issue.

Message 1 of 2 (182 Views)

Re: Unable to Join Populated Servers

★★ Novice

Bump. None of the various server, plugin or client updates have made much of a difference, although I can now join servers with around seven people maximum. The error has not changed.

Game disconnected: client closed down connection.
Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)