Re: Two rangefinder

by CyberDyme

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Two rangefinder

★ Apprentice

I have problem with 2 rangefinder in game i don't why on a few server i have this problem.

Message 1 of 9 (1,503 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DraxarPL wrote:

Look at the foto from post 6. You will se this problem. Yea i know when rangefinder have problems i always change weapon.

Yes @DraxarPL ,

And that is unfortunately your answer just right there!

As said, there is a functional bug that at times pops up, so the in-sight zeroing number is not shown as intended when you have attached the Range Finder gadget to some of your high-powered sniper rifle scopes.  It is of course not intended and it is unfortunate.  But the 'work around' is to simply switch to your secondary weapon, then aim down sight with your secondary, then switch back to your sniper rifle.  Most of the times, the range finder data is now back as intended in your insight scope view.   And it will normally keep working for the rest of that soldier's life, as its typically only wrong the first time right after that you spawn in.  So obviously some kind of initializing problem in the game code.  As we know then there are no more game client side code updates coming to such an old game as BF4, so its just one of the things we have to live with 'as is'.  Good at least there is a quick and easy workaround.

Happy sniping out there!

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,255 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

What platform are you on? @DraxarPL

/Atic

Message 2 of 9 (1,429 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DraxarPL wrote:

I have problem with 2 rangefinder in game i don't why on a few server i have this problem.

Hi @DraxarPL ,

I looked at your graphic file there but not sure exactly what you consider your problem there with your range finder?

Whenever you scope in on a target, then if there are other physical barriers between you and your enemy target then the rangefinder will often get confused in what the distance is that it should report back to you.  That is normal, as your target is not clear, as in the reticle you have a mix of various ranges present.  You can try ad aim down sight first on something next to your target where there are a clear surrounding, so you can get a clean read on the distance you search for.  Then you can adjust your clicks up or down to perfectly zero your scope for the targeted distance.

Please also note, that on some servers there the HUD is different if the server owner has specified to run it in more hxrdcore type of mode and many supporting information like the distance measure on the flags, vehicles and friendlies will not show up.  And that is all normal, as the server is desired then to offer such more immersive game experience   As you start to be familiar with the various maps and your rifle scopes, then you will also intuitively also know pretty well the ranges on the various typical target areas you shoot at.  So will be less depending on such gadgets in the game.  Also you will over time potentially stop to zero in your scope for every single different distance, as you will get familiar also with the mil dot reticles in the game, which helps you quickly to still be precise on various distances without having to adjust the zero setting between each shot.

Best of luck soldier.  

Message 3 of 9 (1,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You don't undestand i am good in aiming and you don't must learn me at that. 

Good range finder look like on picture.

I have problem because sometimes bad rangefinder and good rangefinder are both in the same time and it is really frustrating. 

When i will be have both in the same time i will show you picture.

Message 4 of 9 (1,385 Views)

★ Apprentice

Pc Origin premium version.

Message 5 of 9 (1,369 Views)

★ Apprentice

2 rangefinder in the same time. I have picture.

Message 6 of 9 (1,365 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DraxarPL wrote:

You don't undestand i am good in aiming and you don't must learn me at that. 

Good range finder look like on picture.

I have problem because sometimes bad rangefinder and good rangefinder are both in the same time and it is really frustrating. 

When i will be have both in the same time i will show you picture.

Aah OK @DraxarPL ,

Thx for posting those two extra screenshots, as now i think i know what your problem is and what you refer to!  👍 

When using the range finder gadget on sniper scopes, then it displays the range to the spot targeted by the weapon's crosshair on the right hand side and the current zeroing of the attached scope on the left hand side in its integrated display screen when aiming down sight imprinted in the scope view.

Some times when you spawn in with your recon soldier, then the integrated zeroing data is not always shown as intended.   If this happens, then try and switch from your primary weapon, your bolt action sniper rifle, and instead use your secondary side arm instead.   Aim down sight and then try and switch back to your sniper rifle.  After this, the typically your integrated display screen n your scope should now show correctly with both the range measured n the right side and your zeroing value on the left side.   So it’s unfortunately a graphics/mechanics bug that appears from time to time.

Message 7 of 9 (1,336 Views)

★ Apprentice

Look at the foto from post 6. You will se this problem. Yea i know when rangefinder have problems i always change weapon.

Message 8 of 9 (1,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DraxarPL wrote:

Yes @DraxarPL ,

And that is unfortunately your answer just right there!

As said, there is a functional bug that at times pops up, so the in-sight zeroing number is not shown as intended when you have attached the Range Finder gadget to some of your high-powered sniper rifle scopes.  It is of course not intended and it is unfortunate.  But the 'work around' is to simply switch to your secondary weapon, then aim down sight with your secondary, then switch back to your sniper rifle.  Most of the times, the range finder data is now back as intended in your insight scope view.   And it will normally keep working for the rest of that soldier's life, as its typically only wrong the first time right after that you spawn in.  So obviously some kind of initializing problem in the game code.  As we know then there are no more game client side code updates coming to such an old game as BF4, so its just one of the things we have to live with 'as is'.  Good at least there is a quick and easy workaround.

Happy sniping out there!

Message 9 of 9 (1,256 Views)