Re: Troubleshooting: Punkbuster - Steam version

by bishtop

Original Post

Troubleshooting: Punkbuster - Steam version

EA DICE Team

Hey folks,

We saw a wave of reports from players over the weekend that there were some initial issues with the installation of Punkbuster that was causing issues with the first games you were hopping into.

To help address that, we've deployed a small update to account for the change that we've needed to make.

To ensure that you have this update, please right click the game in your Steam Library, and click Properties.

From here navigate to the Local Files tab, and then click 'Verify Integrity of Game Files'

This will perform a full scan of Battlefield 4, and repair and replace any files that may be preventing Punkbuster from running correctly in the game.

Still having issues?

Read through and perform the troubleshooting outlined in this article over on the EA Help website:

Please be sure to contact a member of the team at EA Help  if you need any further support.

/Atic 

Message 1 of 10 (13,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It  still doesn't work for me. I have watched multiple videos how to fix and it doesn't work at all. 

Message 2 of 10 (12,963 Views)

★★★ Novice

How about unbanning us now?

Message 3 of 10 (12,326 Views)

★★★★ Guide

pbsetup 

u can install it seperately by manual.

Message 4 of 10 (11,135 Views)

★ Apprentice

While this fixes the problem for me - it only fixes it until I restart my pc! It's kind of ridiculous that I have to do the whole song&dance every time I want to play BF4. How about you guys tell Steam to give me a game key that I can add to Origin and remove one launcher from the equation?

Message 5 of 10 (10,765 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@AhroraNova baixe o punkbuster aqui :http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads.php
arquivo .exe clique com botão direito e executar como administrador, vai atualizar.
Message 6 of 10 (9,937 Views)

★ Guide

Right click your windows start button select Run, Type Services.msc then Enter, Find the service called PnkBstrA , make sure its set to Automatic and if the service is not already Started , select Start.

Only other issue could be if your AV or Firewall are blocking it

Message 7 of 10 (9,865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

turn off the firewall 

Message 8 of 10 (9,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sometimes, the Battlefield 4 kicked by PunkBuster error can occur if your Windows Firewall or third-party antivirus software interfere with the service. You can add the game and PunkBuster to the exclusions list of your security programs. If that doesn't work then go to the Punkbuster website and install the punkbuster service, then simply update it and add BF4 from it's list of games and it should work.

Message 9 of 10 (493 Views)

Hero

Since this thread hasn't been active since August 2021 I'm going to lock it. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator
Message 10 of 10 (478 Views)