The "disable fullscreen optimization" option does not work on BF4 at all?

by coppercn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The "disable fullscreen optimization" option does not work on BF4 at all?

★ Novice

Sometimes I accidentally switch to Chinese IME and then the game quits fullscreen. Disabling fullscreen optimization should help with the problem and it does work on BF1 but not on BF4.

Message 1 of 4 (1,875 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The "disable fullscreen optimization" option does not work on BF4

Hero (Retired)

@coppercn Never fixed a issue like this but first thing to come to mind is BF4 my Documents worth a shot....

C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield 4

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop for now.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,807 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@coppercn Never fixed a issue like this but first thing to come to mind is BF4 my Documents worth a shot....

C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield 4

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop for now.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.

Message 2 of 4 (1,808 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is not really the problem here, i tried to experiment this, the problem is enabling the override high dpi thing or you setting either the launcher or the direct game executable to run as administrator, disabling them both will let you run bf4 with no problems also having full screen optimization disabled. So yes, disabling full screen optimization does work on bf4. If it doesn't run regardless, there is a problem somewhere else. Either reinstall or validate your files.

Message 3 of 4 (923 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (896 Views)