The Escape key (ESC) has stopped working

by sslrgrt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Escape key (ESC) has stopped working

★★ Novice

The Escape key (ESC) has stopped working so I can't access the menu (Resume, Options, Exit etc). It works fine on other windows applications but in Multiplayer (inc Test Range) or campaign I'm getting nothing. I haven't tried another keyboard yet but if its working in other applications I don't think that's the issue. I have had this occasionally on test range before but shutting BF4 down and restarting has sorted it out. Its now been like this for 2 days and numerous restarts

Message 1 of 6 (5,848 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Escape key (ESC) has stopped working

★★ Novice

Its a bog standard keyboard no "game mode". It did however start working again yesterday. I was using Shift and Esc which worked but now just the Esc works again. Weird!!

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (5,801 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Forgot to add that I'm using a PC to play BF4

Message 2 of 6 (5,844 Views)

@sslrgrt wrote:

The Escape key (ESC) has stopped working so I can't access the menu (Resume, Options, Exit etc). It works fine on other windows applications but in Multiplayer (inc Test Range) or campaign I'm getting nothing. I haven't tried another keyboard yet but if its working in other applications I don't think that's the issue. I have had this occasionally on test range before but shutting BF4 down and restarting has sorted it out. Its now been like this for 2 days and numerous restarts

Trying another keyboard would be good, however does your current keyboard have any mode like 'gaming mode' that may disable certain keys in game?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 6 (5,819 Views)

★★ Novice

Its a bog standard keyboard no "game mode". It did however start working again yesterday. I was using Shift and Esc which worked but now just the Esc works again. Weird!!

Message 4 of 6 (5,802 Views)

EA DICE Team

Glad to hear that it got solved, it does sound like it was just a random one time issue. @sslrgrt  

/Atic

Message 5 of 6 (5,771 Views)

★★ Novice

Gone wrong again. Just have to get used to using Shift+ESC

Message 6 of 6 (5,745 Views)