TV-guided Missile Control

by bastila1991

Original Post

TV-guided Missile Control

★★★ Novice

I've unlocked the TV-guided missiles for the attack jet, attack chopper, and attack boat. It feels like I am completely unable to control the missiles or the control is so slow, that I hold the stick up to go up or whatever for 5 seconds, then it goes up only a smidge. When it starts to go up, I've already let go of the stick so I aim down to counteract going up. I haven't tested much on the boat, but the same is true for me for both the plane and chopper version. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I'm using the right stick because of the lag in speed. As I see it, the missiles are very ineffective except for dumbfire. Anyone been able to actually use these missiles? Am I the only one in this boat? Do I need to do something to fix it?

Message 1 of 6 (2,949 Views)

Re: TV-guided Missile Control

★★★★★ Expert

It is not the bug, TV-guided missiles are VERY HARD to control. It is the skill and it takes time. Go to the test range and practice a bit. I must say myself, it took me time to master it, but when I did it is a really  affective and does a lot of damage. For me, it took me about a day of practice (but not a few min but few hours).

If this helps, please click the white XP button and to give me some XP.
If this solves your question, click the green solution button and mark it as solution so it can help others with the same problem.

Message 2 of 6 (2,938 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did go to the test range a while back with the attack jet. By the time the missile had been in the air 2 seconds, the jet blew up. 

Message 3 of 6 (2,934 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Don't dive street down with the jet, also do not fly with the jet in an vertical angle. Try to fly straight as possible and increase the height of the jet flight path.

If this helps, please click the white XP button and to give me some XP.
If this solves your question, click the green solution button and mark it as solution so it can help others with the same problem.

Message 4 of 6 (2,932 Views)

★★★ Novice

No. The jet problem is a bug with the test range. I've seen others report the same problem. I hop in the jet, fire off the missile without moving the controls on the jet at all, and everything just blows up. It's not because it's crashing. I know how to fly, and I know how I should be able to shoot things like the TV missile. Just something is off with the controls in multiplayer and with the whole mechanics in the test range.

Message 5 of 6 (2,919 Views)

★ Novice

Hey guess what, this is still happening. We're not stupid, we know how to fly. The jet explodes immediately after using the missile on the Test Range, no matter the case, every time. It's a bug, accept it. Also in game, the angle the missile starts from is completely wrong. It's supposed to start from where the sight is, not at a complete horizontal origin. This problem is experienced on different platforms but most notably the attack jets. It seems to work fine in the attack boats.

Message 6 of 6 (2,650 Views)