Re: Stuttering across all Frostbite engine games

by Mr_Balz0510

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuttering across all Frostbite engine games

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have recently, in just the last few days, started experiencing stuttering issues. No frame rate drops, just stuttering in place for a few seconds twice every minute or so. This problem exists when i play Battlefield 4, Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor, or any other Frostbite engine games. Makes the game unplayable, cannot replicate the problem with other online shooters outisde the Frostbite engine.

I have been playing BF3 and BF4 on this $2500.00 machine for over a year with no issues, then, last week, unplayable.

I build and service my own computers and have been troubleshooting for days, to no avail.

I dont want to walk away from Frostbite engine games, someone please help.....

Message 1 of 9 (7,254 Views)

Accepted Solution

NWRolo one thing that I see missing from your troubleshooting list is disabling Origin in game. Last night BF3 and DeadSpace 3 acted exactly like you stated and I disabled Origin in game and all of it went back to normal.

To turn off Origin in game log into Origin, in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings". Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (8,146 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Could you please provide us the exact hardware details of your machine, including the version of your video-card driver and operation system?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 9 (7,211 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Windows 8.1 x64

32GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

GeForce 337.50 Driver, released on 4/7/2014

I have repaired my install through Origin

I have done a clean and complete reinstall of BF4, BF3, and Medal of Honor

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Punkbuster

I have defragged my machine and used Razer Game Optimizer to defrag BF4 specifically

I have power-cycled my router, modem many times

I have replaced the ethernet cable to my router

I am installing a Solid State Drive later today to reinstall Origin and BF4 on

This issue began AFTER the latest patch that supposedly fixed it.

I am experiencing no drop in FPS in-game. 

I experience rubberbanding whether I am alone on a quiet server or in the middle of a large battle with 64 players.

Test range and campaign run smooth as a prom queen's thighs.

I am able to play other online shooters, such as Planetside2, in battles with countless assets at long distances with ZERO lag.

I pay extra money for higher speed through Comcast - my internet is FAST.

Comcast has confirmed no issues to report in my connectivity logs.

I have been playing Battlefield games since the inception of the franchise.

I have owned every version since. You can check my veteran status in my profile.

I have loved and enjoyed every minute of BF4, despite its many flaws.

The thought of having to walk away from it f%$#*%g blows so whatever you can do to help would be great.

Message 3 of 9 (7,205 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I am sorry for your trouble and can clearly see that you already tried a lot. Have you checked if reverting to older Nvidia drivers helps to solve or minimize your issue?

Cheers

Basti

Message 4 of 9 (7,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am getting the same problem in BF3 and BF4 with a much older computer. Game will randomly, few times a minute, just ignore my inputs for about half a second. For example if I am turning, it will turn somewhat, freeze, then continue turning. The actualy rendering/screen doesn't freeze, just the movement I am inputting.

This is a major pain! I was looking to PvZ GW and if this occurs on this too I will be very annoyed.

I have a Geforce 550 Ti, Core 2 Duo E8500 and 4GB RAM. Game runs fine otherwise except for these stutters.

Message 5 of 9 (7,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Try to do clean install:

Remove all traces of Nvidia software
Reboot your computer and check nothing is installed
Download and install latest Nvidia drivers

If this was helpful and solved your issue, press Accept as solution button to mark this topic solved. Then click the XP button to award me XP.

Thank you for using Answer HQ. If you need further assistance, please let us know right away!
Message 6 of 9 (7,129 Views)

NWRolo one thing that I see missing from your troubleshooting list is disabling Origin in game. Last night BF3 and DeadSpace 3 acted exactly like you stated and I disabled Origin in game and all of it went back to normal.

To turn off Origin in game log into Origin, in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings". Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 9 (8,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

im having the same issues. had to learn for a week straight and noticed this stuttering last evening, experiencing it with dx11 and mantle, on low, middle and high.

i5 3470

8 gig ram

r9 270x

game is placed on a ssd

update: found another thread http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Stuttering-in-Battlefield-4-since-jun-17th-update/m-p/2995950...

Open origin>mygames>right click bf4> go to properties> disable origins ingame.

that should help

Message 8 of 9 (7,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks dude.. Disable Origin worked...

i allready slowly enraged.. was searching for the issue on SLI (3*980Ti Strix DC3OC).

EA / Origin is still a mess..

Message 9 of 9 (6,471 Views)