Re: Stuck on loading screen Battlefield 4 PC

by SinonTBSFE

Original Post

★★★ Novice
There's nothing in the settings folder to delete. I have an older install of windows 10 on the hard drive that I'm trying now.... This install is quite slow because it's on the disc.

I tried deleting the settings and running repair already last night.

Maybe you can send me your entire settings folder?
Message 21 of 27 (5,068 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SegmentationFaul My settings would not work for you and would only muck up your laptop due to my game screen res is 5760 X 1080 among other settings I use you cant. With my game laptops in the end they get used for emails etc never for games as they cant be upgraded the way a tower PC can. So within a year or two they cant handle new games :/  

With my 3 laptops I have googled how to remove the hard drive and put in a samsung 850 pro SSD's to them all as I hate a slow PC be it desk top or lap top. If you can get BF4 to open do this for settings in the video area it will help your FPS ....

As well as make sure all this is up to date on the laptop and most should be as your on win10 never  update from inside the game always hit the web ...

Latest version of DirectX see this page
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

Reinstall Microsoft C++ For my game PC's I install both x64 and x86 as it does not hurt the PC

NOTE>>> you need to select the x64 or the x86 file depending on what architecture your computer has. To find this out, Click Start, right click on "Computer" and select "Properties". Under system type is should say "32-Bit Operating System" or "64-bit Operating System". If 32-bit operating system, download the x86 file, and if 64-bit download the x64 file.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Adobe Flash Player update
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Go to Punk Buster site
http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

1- Download PB then extract files to your desktop.
2- Open Punk Buster folder.
3- Click on the PB setup and it will open.
4-Add your BF4 game to punk buster its at the top of Punk Buster.
5-Then update punk buster again at the top of Punk Buster.

Reboot PC test BF4

- Video card settings in game BF4

In game video settings right side set to custom and set everything to medium or low but last three turn them off ....

1-antialiasing deferred off
2-antialiasing post off
3-ambient occlusion off

on left side be sure vertical sync is off also resolution scale to under 100 like 80 or 90 this will up you FPS

Message 22 of 27 (5,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Alright well I got it working.

Took 3 hours of "play time" before I got it launching.

Here's what I did:

Update download/install punk buster via the punk buster website.

Added BF4 to the punk buster.

Every executable is set to Run As Administrator

Disabled User account control in control panel

Origin overlay enabled and origin cloud save enabled

Opted in the origin beta on origin preferences, updated and installed the beta origin version

Signed out and signed back in to origin.

Disabled GPU accelerated PhysX in Nvidia control panel.

I think the Beta Origin is what ultimately fixed it.

Overall a brutal install experience.

Took about 8 hours of iteration to try to get this thing running.

EA/Dice have lost just about all my trust and respect after this, especially since they charge so so much for all of the "DLC"/"Season Pass" stuff.

Honestly just make 1 game and support it. Look at counter strike global offensive, look at Planetside 2. I realise PS2 is a F2P, but just the idea of having 1 solid FPS instead of all these different half broken skus.

Anyways thanks for your help.

Again I think it's the Beta Origin which fixed this.

Message 23 of 27 (5,048 Views)

★★ Novice

Jesus christ man, you are my hero. 

I tried everything they said would make the game work in the forums, and it did not work. I installed the game in my gf's pc, which is considerably slower, and it worked there.

didn't think about updating origin beta in all this time. thanks a million.

Message 24 of 27 (5,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello. im getting same problem. And its started when i bought new gpu. (sorry for bad enghish) İm using rx 560 4gb xfx now. And its not working. if u are have tower pc try get disable normal gpu and use cpus gpu. İ tried this now but not worked. use display driver unstaller and unstall all gpu programs. after get intel hd drivers and download. then try again. im thinking thats will be usefull.

Message 25 of 27 (4,618 Views)

★ Novice

Very easy fix actually.

Make sure your origin is not in offline mode.

If it's not,exit origin,restart pc log in to origin "online" 

Do not log in in offline mode.

Message 26 of 27 (3,452 Views)

EA DICE Team

I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic

Message 27 of 27 (3,337 Views)