Re: Stuck in the map overview

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck in the map overview

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Guys,

I have encountered a really serious problem:

It started when I died at "Golmud Railway" instead of returning to the map overview after dying, the blurred screen (it blurres when you die in hardcore) went back to normal and I was stuck lying on the ground. I could not suicide and could not move nor turn the camera. So I left the game and reconnected.

Thats when the bad surprise happened. After joining the server and arriving in the map overview I could press "join" but my screen did not change to the normal first person view but remained in the map overview. I could see, that I apparently joined the battle by the small window in map overview and by pressing escape, but again i could not move nor change the camera. -> I am stuck in the map overview!

So I left the game again (The menu is still accessible) and tried to join another server with a different map -> Same problem

I left the game and checked the installation for errors via origin -> No errors found -> Joined a server -> Same problem

I restarted my PC, relogged into origin, joined a server -> Same Problem

I am really out of ideas how to fix this myself, please help me Frown

PS.: Im playing on PC using Win7 64bit, GTX 260 Intel Q9550

Message 1 of 7 (1,171 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

update punkbuster

Thursday 01.16.2014 [11:45AM]

Version 2.333 of the PB Client for BF4 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance releasehttp://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,172 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

update punkbuster

Version 2.333 of the PB Client for BF4 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance releasehttp://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Message 2 of 7 (1,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me, i load game stuck in overview map ive not played for 3-4 weeks hoping problems would be fixed, but no same old crap looks like its back to bf3.

Message 3 of 7 (1,154 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@heinztomato wrote:

update punkbuster

Thank you, this one helped!

But really, why is this happening... It's just sad how this game came out.

Message 4 of 7 (1,147 Views)

@r0ckbear wrote:

@heinztomato wrote:

update punkbuster

Thank you, this one helped!

But really, why is this happening... It's just sad how this game came out.

There's an error in the last patch where it's not updating PB like it should resulting in this glitch.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 5 of 7 (1,135 Views)

★★ Novice

I still have this problem after the summer update. I now have a picture for reference.

What happens is I wanted to redeploy from this overview screen and it just stays there untill I had quit the game. You can't do anything but open the menu and quit. 

This bug has occured to me rarely throughout the game.

In my picture you can see that you are stuck.

Message 6 of 7 (957 Views)

EA DICE Team

I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic

Message 7 of 7 (880 Views)