Re: Strange Color/Blurring Bug

by swyck

Original Post

Strange Color/Blurring Bug

★★★ Newbie

Since the most recent client patch, when I play every 15 seconds or so I see a red, green, and blue color blurring effect around the edges of players and game objects.  It is very jarring on the eyes and makes the game near unplayable in the graphical department.  This is not related to suppression effects or commander EMP/UAV.  Please help?

Message 1 of 13 (2,451 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 2 of 13 (2,440 Views)

Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Screen coour shift

★★★ Newbie

During gamelplay and sometimes during the death screen, my screen will get this odd shift with colours similar to what it would look like if I turned on a 3D mode where the picture is sort of moved to the right or left. It flashes for a frame or two then goes away. It is very distracting but it almost feels like it is part of the game. It also looks sort of similar to how the screen and colours shift and flash during the loading screens and the in the trailers when the BF tune plays and the dude walks toward the camera. Is this a glitch or setting and how do I fix it?

Message 3 of 13 (2,434 Views)

Horrid Blur since patch

★★★★ Novice

Since the 11/14 patch the game has a sickening blur on occasion.  Many people are commenting on it, so it's not just me. This is nauseating and needs to be repaired at top priority.  The game is not fun to play with this thing.

http://giant.gfycat.com/EquatorialOddHamster.gif

I hope it's a bug not intentional.  If intentional someone needs a swift kick in the butt.

Message 4 of 13 (2,439 Views)

Re: Horrid Blur since patch

★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing it too.

It does get a bit nauseating at times, it feels like I'm drunk or something.

Message 5 of 13 (2,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

DICE is investigating this issue.

In the meantime you can try to deactivate Blur by creating a user.cfg file in your "Origin Games\Battlefield 4" folder.

1. Open Notepad.

2. Paste the following:
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

3. File > Save As >
Choose > Save as type: All files
Choose > File name: user.cfg
Navigate to the "Origin Games\Battlefield 4" folder and click save.

barry.png
Message 6 of 13 (2,431 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll try that attempted fix.

Just want to say it's a horrible issue making the game all but unplayable.  The blur occurs too often and is nauseating. Really needs to take top priority for repair. IMO the worst game bug ever.

Message 7 of 13 (2,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have tried the above custom user config file workaround, and this does nothing to remove the blur / color shift that occurs at almost timed intervals throughout the round. This is NOT motion blur from running, supression or local damage. This is a pulse of bulr and a short .5 second color shift. Someone said something about EMP effect?

Message 8 of 13 (2,407 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, those user.cfg settings do NOT fix the issue.  The game is unplayable for me with this issue this needs repair ASAP.

Message 9 of 13 (2,353 Views)

★★ Novice
I get the same kind of 3d tv image on edges with the ps4 as well since patch.
Message 10 of 13 (2,219 Views)