Stat padding bf 4 servers - allowed?

by xaven1978

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stat padding bf 4 servers - allowed?

★★★★ Novice

There are various rules in BF3 about running a ranked server. There is an info that 

"[...] on ranked servers, you cannot enforce server rules that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. "

There are various servers out there which restrict gameplay to pistols, knife or even flag runs only (no kills allowed). 

Due to the circumstance that I could not find any rules / infos about servers in BF4, I am curious: Are these servers (and therefore the stats getting padded on these) legit?

Message 1 of 6 (1,955 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stat padding bf 4 servers - allowed?

Anonymous

Hi,

sorry for my late reaction. I thought I saved the link to here but I did not and lost track of the thread.

I have asked a CM about the BF4 RoC and it seemed to be missing a "direct" link/article on help.ea.com.

Below you can find the BF4 RoC.

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/ROC/US/en/PC/BF4

I took the liberty of quoting 2 rules below, of which I think suit your question.

"You must not exploit any bug or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in an

EA product or service including but not limited to......"

"For the avoidance of doubt, Server Administrators will also violate the TOS if they (i) use offensive server

names, server art or tags; or (ii) encourage other players to violate the TOS while in game."

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,990 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello,

I think best to play fair and not stat pad, what is a reason then to get a rank so fast? There is so boring  to play in that way, if you gain your rank so quick...

Regards, Libever

Message 2 of 6 (1,945 Views)

Anonymous

Hi,

I believe the ToS and CoS apply to all services EA provides. That includes BF4 servers.
It is no allowed to create an environment that could/would be used to abuse the ranking system
if this is a ranked server, it is a violation for sure.

If you want to report, please contact a game advisor. They will send it to the ToS team for review.
(https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-report-cheating)

Go to

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask

* Fill in "tos violation" in the search bar
* hit find solutions
* Then select product (BF4) in the first selecting bar, "report cheating/harassment" in the second and select your platform in the last bar.
* Hit find solutions.

Now you will be given multiple solutions to your problem. To contact support you need to click "I still need help".

Here you can choose a contact option.

Message 3 of 6 (1,941 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Actually, I do not play on those servers and thus I do not want to report any. 

I am just curious if it is against the ToS / rules of conduct etc. Any official statement / article / info would be much appreciated. 

Message 4 of 6 (1,939 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any official statement?

Message 5 of 6 (1,913 Views)

Anonymous

Hi,

sorry for my late reaction. I thought I saved the link to here but I did not and lost track of the thread.

I have asked a CM about the BF4 RoC and it seemed to be missing a "direct" link/article on help.ea.com.

Below you can find the BF4 RoC.

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/ROC/US/en/PC/BF4

I took the liberty of quoting 2 rules below, of which I think suit your question.

"You must not exploit any bug or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in an

EA product or service including but not limited to......"

"For the avoidance of doubt, Server Administrators will also violate the TOS if they (i) use offensive server

names, server art or tags; or (ii) encourage other players to violate the TOS while in game."

Message 6 of 6 (1,991 Views)