Sound Missing

by ooz1sh

Original Post

Sound Missing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can play a map or two with fine sound, then upon the load of a new map the sound is completely missing!  I can't hear footsteps is the first sign somethings wrong.  It's like the sound of a sudden explosion, where it diminishes the sound of the enironment, never comes back.  I can still hear some sounds, like the loudspeaker lady or my own gun, but everything else is quiet.  There is no way to fix this except reload the game.

I'm using Xonar with ASUS latest drivers, latest nvidia drivers etc.

Message 1 of 7 (400 Views)

Re: SOUND MISSING

Hero (Retired)

@oozeh2k wrote:

I can play a map or two with fine sound, then upon the load of a new map the sound is completely missing!  I can't hear footsteps is the first sign somethings wrong.  It's like the sound of a sudden explosion, where it diminishes the sound of the enironment, never comes back.  I can still hear some sounds, like the loudspeaker lady or my own gun, but everything else is quiet.  There is no way to fix this except reload the game.

I'm using Xonar with ASUS latest drivers, latest nvidia drivers etc.

Hello,

Try click with right mouse button on bf4 poster in Origin>check for updates. 

Regards, Libever 

Message 2 of 7 (387 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same isue on xbox 360 volume goes in and out!!

BUGGY game here!

Message 3 of 7 (381 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, I don't think this is an issue with a given system or anything anyone can help with.  Several people are complaining about this.  This is a bug which needs to be fixed. 

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7 (371 Views)

Re: Sound Missing

★★★ Newbie

I'm seeing a very similar thing. I am using the Realtek HD Audio codec (green analog port in back of pc) and the sound slowly deteriorates during the duration of gaming. I have never experienced this in BF3 and updated geforce and the realtek audio drivers as well. 

game 1 is mostly fine, toward the end of game 1 or the middle of game 2 the sound slowly becomes mono on the right headphone and starts to break up (sounds like a static 2-way radio/analog phone break up) until the volume lowers, the breaking up gets worse to finally having no sound at all.

Funny thing at the end of the map or if i ALT+TAB out of the game, the sound slowly improves to perfect starting from reverse (no sound to right ear to no static to full audio).

I have experienced this throughout the duration of BF4 yesterday.

Message 5 of 7 (362 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have exact same issue. Using Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card

Message 6 of 7 (340 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here.

Message 7 of 7 (328 Views)