Screen constantly flashes red when in fullscreen mode

by Sn34kyMofo

Original Post

Screen constantly flashes red when in fullscreen mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have an issue that suddenly started happening shortly after playing with the first update released. I can see the game, but the screen constantly flickers/flashes red when in fullscreen mode. When I look around to certain parts of the map (such as up towards the sky), the flashing will happen at a MUCH slower rate, like maybe 5-6 flashes per-second. On average, though, the flickering happens too fast to count. It's almost like full-screen Z-fighting, but imagine the textures flash red instead of white.

The only solution I've found up to this point is to change the mode to windowed or borderless. When I do that, the issues goes away, but as soon as I change to fullscreen mode, the flashing comes right back. I don't mind using borderless, as it's essentially akin to fullscreen, but I have to manually change from windowed to borderless every time I start the game. Also, borderless mode prevents my screen-recording software from working properly (not necessarily something you have control over, but I thought I'd mention it anyway).

My specs are as follows:

2 NVIDIA GTX 680Ms (SLI) - Drivers are updated to the latest version

32GB RAM

Core i7-3920XM CPU

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

Message 1 of 4 (5,745 Views)

Re: Screen constantly flashes red when in fullscreen mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Its funny i didnt have this problem and then all of a sudden the red flashing starts happening so i update my driver to the newest and it took care of the flashing for a couple days now its back, i have reinstalled drivers and tried every fix i could find nothing is helping unless i play in borderless mode but i still get really bad lag spikes. FIXED!

Message 2 of 4 (5,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

FIXED check your SLI bridge. I changed mine and the red flashing is gone and my frames are solid again, i guess it just decided to die with BF4.

We need to check our hardware and overclocks before we start blaming the game itself. lesson learned.

Message 3 of 4 (5,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My solution to your problem was locating the game.exe file in your case it's the BF4.exe. Right click on the exe file then click properties. Under Compatibility tab you'll find 'disable fullscreen optimizations" check that one. It should fix your problem. It fixed mine after a new Windows10 update screwed my GPU settings.

Message 4 of 4 (5,231 Views)