Random hiccups after the fix with BF4 launch.

by MuH3yXaP

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Random hiccups after the fix with BF4 launch.

★★★★ Novice

So, there was an issue where many couldn't launch BF4 from server browser and getting message to enter a license key. After you enable beta testing or whatever option in Origin it updated it and then turned it off. That solved the issue with launching the game. 

But after that in every server when i join, everything is smoothly running, however occasionally on 5 15 20 25 min .. its random I get hiccups of my PC its like a stutter for 1 or 2 sec where the graph shows servOffset to spike. I read that it could be triggered bu CPU thortling or network issues, packet loss, but I have no issue with my PC whatsoever after deep investigation. I re-installed the game, backed up system files, backed up drivers, updated drivers ... NOTHING. When that is happening I get the icon for FPS loss and server performance. Its not much of an issue due to its randomness, but it happens every time in the middle of a super duper hyper mega competitive moments ... does any one has the same issue since  the that Origin issue few weeks back? Аlso disabled Antivirus soft and that didn't change anything. The hiccups are still there. I record a video if anyone is having similar problem to see if they have the same. 

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8 (1,452 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Random hiccups after the fix with BF4 launch.

★★★★ Novice

No need for further tShooting. I solved the issue by deleting the folder in documents/battlefield 4 and had to remap and redone all of my settings.

Everything now runs smooth as silk. No hiccups, spikes, stutters. It runs even smoother before the issue, I don't know for sure.

Still thanks greatly for your responses.

Have a lovely weekend mate.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,355 Views)

All Replies

@MuH3yXaP wrote:

So, there was an issue where many couldn't launch BF4 from server browser and getting message to enter a license key. After you enable beta testing or whatever option in Origin it updated it and then turned it off. That solved the issue with launching the game. 

But after that in every server when i join, everything is smoothly running, however occasionally on 5 15 20 25 min .. its random I get hiccups of my PC its like a stutter for 1 or 2 sec where the graph shows servOffset to spike. I read that it could be triggered bu CPU thortling or network issues, packet loss, but I have no issue with my PC whatsoever after deep investigation. I re-installed the game, backed up system files, backed up drivers, updated drivers ... NOTHING. When that is happening I get the icon for FPS loss and server performance. Its not much of an issue due to its randomness, but it happens every time in the middle of a super duper hyper mega competitive moments ... does any one has the same issue since  the that Origin issue few weeks back? Аlso disabled Antivirus soft and that didn't change anything. The hiccups are still there. I record a video if anyone is having similar problem to see if they have the same. 

Thanks in advance

I recommend to try the alternate Battlelog launch method to see if the stutter disappears. To do this you must use Internet Explorer (not Edge), go into Battlelog's settings and turn off plugin free launching, and then download the Battlelog plugin. This will allow you to launch the game in the old method and it still works smoothly for me using this method @MuH3yXaP 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 8 (1,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you very much for this method. At first I though it solved the issue but after 40 minutes of game play it happened again. 

BUt... this didn't fix the random hiccups. I have uploaded 10 sec video to see what kind of stuttering we are talking about. Sometimes will not happen for 1 or 2 hours .. sometimes comes every 15 20 minutes 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl-SRE5c_Js&feature=youtu.be

Reinstalling the game didn't fix the issue, updating or rolling back GPU drivers as well. Tried LOW graphics preset still the same. It is just game breaking for me as almost  99 % of the time i am in very competitive situation this is just not acceptable. I really hope anyone experiencing this to speak up. 

Update: Tested with Firefox, IE, Chrome - No matter how  I launch the game it gives that random stutter Frown I am desperate ! 

Message 3 of 8 (1,424 Views)

Community Manager

@MuH3yXaP 

Can you attach a DxDiag for us so we can look at your system specs? Outdated video card drivers or Windows updates pending to be installed can contribute to stuttering.

Even though this post right here is for BFV, most of the performance tips outside of the in-game settings can apply to all games. Worth a look!

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,391 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the DxDiag and also a screenshot of the Graph in bf4 where the freezes happens. 

I just also reversed to a GPU driver from last year, but all in all drivers do not impact me in any way. 

Also I know that I haven't updated my Win 10 but I doubt it that is the reason for those hiccups. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,368 Views)

Community Manager

@MuH3yXaP 

It looks like you could upgrade to Windows 10 build 1809. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,362 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No need for further tShooting. I solved the issue by deleting the folder in documents/battlefield 4 and had to remap and redone all of my settings.

Everything now runs smooth as silk. No hiccups, spikes, stutters. It runs even smoother before the issue, I don't know for sure.

Still thanks greatly for your responses.

Have a lovely weekend mate.

Message 7 of 8 (1,356 Views)

EA DICE Team

Awesome to hear! @MuH3yXaP 

I hope you had a good weekend with Battlefield 4. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 8 (1,316 Views)