Random frame drops

by BizarroQuinn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Random frame drops

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey guys.  So, I decided to try out BF4 on game time and twice so far, I've experienced the frame rate drop down really low.  The computer is not the best, but I can get ~35-45 fps with most options on low or off @1080p.  What happens when the fps drops is that it'll go down to about 2 fps for a little bit then pop right back up then drop back down, and it's consistent, too.  I don't think there's any strain on my components since the temps drop with the frames (my gpu goes from upper 50C down to 40C).  Even dropping all of the settings down to low didn't help (was at medium).

Is there any idea of what I can try, and I've already tried "Repair Game".  I know my computer is aging, but this issue doesn't happen with any other game that I've played before.  

If you need more info I'll try and provide it and thanks for your help.

Thanks

Specs:

Win 7 64bit SP1

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200

8GB DDR2 RAM

GTX 750 (non ti) 1 GB GDDR5

Edit:

More Info:

I went back to look at gpu usage and it goes from about 60% to 0% during the drops.  Cpu and ram usage don't change.

Message 1 of 5 (302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Random frame drops

Hero (Retired)

Try this ...

- Video card settings in game BF4

In game video settings right side set to custom and set everything to  low but last three turn them off ....

1-antialiasing deferred off
2-antialiasing post off
3-ambient occlusion off

on left side be sure vertical sync is off also resolution scale to under 100 like 80 or 90 this will up you FPS

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (285 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Try this ...

- Video card settings in game BF4

In game video settings right side set to custom and set everything to  low but last three turn them off ....

1-antialiasing deferred off
2-antialiasing post off
3-ambient occlusion off

on left side be sure vertical sync is off also resolution scale to under 100 like 80 or 90 this will up you FPS

Message 2 of 5 (286 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you.  The overall frame rate shot up and the slideshows aren't showing up. I also heard closing the browser may help so I did that, too.  I'll keep this open for a bit since the problem never occurred in every match but I'll close this if it seems to be completely gone.

Message 3 of 5 (270 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Fair Deal

Message 4 of 5 (264 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay.  So the frame drop problem seems to have gone away.  It was still present after I did the setting changes though not as prominent.  It seems turning off the Origin IGO solved it (step 3 in the troubleshooting guide that I should have read before...)

Thanks for your help, Zorlacc.  The game does run smoother with those settings.

Message 5 of 5 (233 Views)