Has anyone found a fix yet? I can't play the game anymore :/

Message 33 of 105 (9,582 Views)

Re: RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe

★★★ Newbie

i had this same problem

Message 34 of 105 (9,562 Views)

BF4 PC Punkbuster Kicking "Service Communication Faillure: PnkBstrA.exe"

★ Novice

Randomly this has popped up, started yesterday sometime after the R7 Update was rolled out. I've wiped my Punkbuster installation and redownloaded, checked everything including the game for updates, and it still kicks me within the first 30 seconds of gameplay. I remember having this problem a long time ago with BF2, and after it occured I was NEVER able to play that game again. Now if it happens with BF4, Im going to be furious. I've poured a lot of money into this game, and Im not going to have it taken away by f*cking PUNKBUSTER. God I hate them so much. Please DICE, if servers become more stable and things calm down a bit could you look into this? I love this game, and I really want to be able to play it. Please? With a cherry on top? Bah who am I kidding, you guys will probably never get this far down the list to see this post.

Message 35 of 105 (9,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

As per your instructions it worked and only after deleting the old pb in the game directory seems like even if you do the evenbalance update deal you still have to take the old one out no matter what. Many thanks Ozone172 that helped on a lot of other issues too like Tunngle and Remobo talking about the outbound rules and their settings. This is what forums are all about.

One caveat; your handle reminds me once years ago I was on a construction site and talking to an old iron worker and he made a statement that I still remember, he said " yeah I know why we have a hole in the end zone layer it's because of all those cadillac converters." 

:>

Message 36 of 105 (9,489 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did re-install

I did try downloading the files "it downloads automatically when re-installed" - but tryed even though know it's dumb as **bleep**!

I did try running it making sure bf4 is in

I did check tskmgr and the service is running

Unable to play since the servers hit R7

Message 37 of 105 (9,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this same problem. I have been playing BF4 since launch, but today it keeps kicking me... Guess you guys goofed on an update. Fix it please.

Message 38 of 105 (9,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What is this... Same here... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe............. Yesterday and today... all day...

Message 39 of 105 (9,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem

Message 40 of 105 (9,207 Views)