I have tried to update punkbuster several times and sometimes windows comes up with an error that says something wasn't installed correct.
I've searched after the PnkBstrA.exe on my harddrives it doesn't exist at all...
I have the same problem since 4 weeks.
I allready had read hundreds of forums and tried so many things, install origin and battlefield completly, deleted any punkbuster register entries, reinstall punkbuster, download the updates, started it all as administrator and without an antivi or firewall, nothing works.
I don't know, what I should do, can that be fixed, please or does anybody know a solution?
By the way, punkbuster shows me everytime, when I would like to install it: Starting PunkBuster service ERROR. So I just can ignore/cancel it.
Hope, anybody can help
Ok I ran it and it came up with:
Checking user is Administrator OK Checking Administrator privileges OK Opening Service Control Manager OK Searching for PnkBstrA Found - OK Extracting PnkBstrA service OK Verifying service authenticity OK Installing PunkBuster service OK Installed at "C:\windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe" serviceInstallFile does exist Checking PunkBuster service status STOPPED Starting PunkBuster service OK Adding firewall rule for PnkBstrA OK Adding firewall rule for PnkBstrB OK Installation Finished. Please click "Next" to test the PunkBuster services.
Starting PunkBuster Service Tests (v0.993) (10/08/13 14:26:41) Checking OS Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64-bit Checking PnkBstrA service status RUNNING Checking PnkBstrA Version OK (1036) Extracting "PnkBstrB.exe" to: "C:\Users\Blair\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrB.exe" OK Checking firewall settings OFF Checking if PnkBstrB is running NOT RUNNING Getting port for PnkBstrA OK (44301) Opening socket for packet send OK Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT Receiving version from PnkBstrA OK Received 6 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301 Response = 7688 (ms) Version = v1036 Getting PnkBstrB install instance NOT FOUND Sending start packet to PnkBstrA SENT Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA OK Received 3 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301 Response = 12063 (ms) PnkBstrB started. Load SUCCESSFUL. Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (0) CHANGED (1) Getting port for PnkBstrB OK (45301) Sending version packet to PnkBstrB SENT Receiving version from PnkBstrB OK Received 5 bytes from 127.0.0.1:45301 Response = 3297 (ms) Version = 2202 Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND Manually stopping PnkBstrB STOPPED Removing test PnkBstrB file OK ---------------------------------- Tests finished.
Originally when I tried to join the server, I got a new error (Could not connect to EA)
I closed Firefox, Origin, etc then reopened it.
Tried to reconnect ... and now in the game, Thank you EA needs to hire you.
Can an Admin please sticky this fix for the issue?
RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe
mrnighttemple Re: RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe . ... 10-08-2013 12:50 PM Hi ! Try to install it ! It worked for me ! http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
Hey guys, so I've been one of those guys for the past couple days who would do EVERYTHING out there that people were talking about and nothing not matter what would work. I tried installing PB again, tried deleting the file from bf4 folder and redoing everything still nothing, always got that communication error. I seem to have FINALLY found the fix, wich won't be too fun but it works 100% and seems to have been the only solution for me. Uninstall bf4, completely. Go to control panel, uninstall program and get rid of the plugin also for the battle log. Get rid of everything. After that Download the game again through origin and reinstall it. Afterwards, got to http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php and install PBsetup open, install, add bf4 and hti update for it, open bf4 as administrator and there you go a running bf4 beta Hope I was able to help!
I got the RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe message.
I finally fixed mine after reading lots of forums, i did a few of my own things, some probably not needed, and others probably noobish, but in the end mine works!
1. Open windows firewall
2. click advanced settings( on the left) and then inbound (also left)
3. Find PnkbstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe (if you have two of both, its fine)
4. right click on each of them>properties>programs and services
5. make sure that "all programs that meet the spesifications" is checked
6. then go to the "Advanced" tab and check all 3 boxes. Domain, Private and Public.
7. REMEMBER TO DO THIS FOR ALL PnkBstr Files. then save and quit.
8. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 and delete "Pb" folder.
9. go to these 2 links:
10. download and install both
11. Run Pbsetup.exe (the first link)
12. add a game (eg. bf3)
13. check for updates.
This should help
PS: for some reason i can no longer launch bf3 from chrome after doing this so i used firefox. (this is not the first time i have done this, although the first time was not the same error.)