Punkbuster Unfair ban and Irresponsible customer service.

by ykz_iweed

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Punkbuster Unfair ban and Irresponsible customer service.

★★★★ Novice

Greetings,

A few months ago, I was playing Battlefield 4 and I got "unofficially banned" which restricts me from joining any server that stream to Punkbuster (normal Punkbuster enabled servers are fine). And I find that was unfair because I did nothing wrong. The ban code was WALLHACK #69096 (alias: ykz_iweed).

I contacted Evenbalance support, seeking for help to resolve the issue. Link to my first support ticket: http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/update_ticket.php?ticketnumber=EB6501000892257&password=d1f....

A staff member, Alex J assisted me to solve the problem but did NOT help much. Alex explained to me that my account might have been compromised and they are not responsible for that or there were something in my computer may have triggered the ban. For the record, my account is not compromised, so there must be something in my computer that triggered the ban, so Alex asked me to find out what it is and they will assist me with solving the issue. "If you think you have found a specific program that causes a false detection please let us know. We will investigate any credible information regarding any possible false detections." - exact quote from Note #5. And I started test every possible program that may have caused the ban (with the banned account) but I could not find anything.

Later on, I borrowed my friend's account (alias: RandyGhini), which was clean, unbanned, to test again. I started my first game without opening anything else on my computer, and the game went smooth, nothing happened. Then I remembered a game that I played at the time I was banned which was The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, and I did use Cheat Engine to advance my progress in the game (with pre-made cheat table just for Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, this has nothing to do with Battlefield 4). So I decided to open that up with the exact cheat table i ran for Witcher 3 to test again. Second game started, and half an hour through the game, I was banned, exact same ban code from the first one (#69096). This program does not do anything on a normal Punkbuster enabled server, but when it comes to server that has the streaming feature to Punkbuster, it gets myself into the UBMi (Unofficial Ban Master Index)

I contacted Evenbalance again, explained what happened and I have found the program that triggered the false ban. But this happened: http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/update_ticket.php?ticketnumber=EB9418000896143&password=1e9...

Same support staff, Alex J. But this time, he/she seemed to be VERY irresponsible in his/her customer service. He/she seemed to be ignoring EVERYTHING I try to say and even closed the ticket on me TWICE for the last 2 days without any response. Eventhough I have explained EVERYTHING. I even provided him/her recorded footage and the reports of the 2 games I played on RandyGhini account as an evidence to prove my innocence and for them to review my case. But they just WON'T do it. All Alex did was saying the same thing over and over again, which was something like "The prior explanation has answered your question, we have nothing further to say on the subject". But NO, THEY HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION CLEARLY. And they were meant to find out what's really going on by reviewing the evidences I provided, not just pushing responsibility away.

Here's the link to the footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBSnojwHncc

Notice at 43:46, I started a conversation about my issue, and I mentioned that I was going to open Cheat Engine and test it at the end of that conversation (which also the end of the first match). And at 1:29:08, there was a ban message on the chat box (pay attention, it only last half a second before the screen blacked out).

Link to first game's Battlereport: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/724968220030619264/364005379/

Link to second game's (banned game) Battlereport: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/724981581225086592/364005379/

I also have included the 2 cheat table I used to open Cheat Engine at the time.

Anyone who ever had experienced this before, I dearly need your advice. As Evenbalance's "support" is very helpless and with an extremely poor customer service, lack of responsibility. I need someone who can put this into investigation and improve the game and bring my case to the light.

Message 1 of 20 (3,704 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Punkbuster Unfair ban and Irresponsible customer service.

@ykz_iweed

I can only point you back to this Link and the quoted section below

EA Advisors cannot overturn a PunkBuster Ban. To appeal a violation, you will need to open an appeal ticket with Even Balance and request their assistance with your issue. 

I can flag @EA_David in case there is something further to add for you.

Sorry cant help further

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 11 of 20 (4,955 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@ykziweed wrote:
Then I remembered a game that I played at the time I was banned which was The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, and I did use Cheat Engine to advance my progress in the game (with pre-made cheat table just for Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, this has nothing to do with Battlefield 4). So I decided to open that up with the exact cheat table i ran for Witcher 3 to test again. Second game started, and half an hour through the game, I was banned, exact same ban code from the first one (#69096). This program does not do anything on a normal Punkbuster enabled server, but when it comes to server that has the streaming feature to Punkbuster, it gets myself into the UBMi (Unofficial Ban Master Index)

@ykz_iweed There has been a few cases like this. Punkbuster detected the cheat software and banned you for it. At punkbuster they cannot tell if it was a cheat for Fallout or a cheat for Battlefield. If they would unban people for saying it was a cheat for another game then every real cheater would use the same excuse. Its your responsibility to make sure these programs aren't running in the background at all, or better yet not even installed at all.

EA cannot help you get unbanned. This is only through punkbuster themselves. But it seems like they have already closed the case and are not going to discuss the matter any further. The only thing we can tell you here, as well as what EA support will tell you is try to appeal it again.

Message 2 of 20 (3,680 Views)

Also if PB issued a ban for another game it can carry over to all games that run PB.

Message 3 of 20 (3,672 Views)

★★★★ Novice
But thing is: Cheat Engine only works for singleplayer games as the values of multiplayer games syncs with the online server, and cannot be changed or altered. And let's say this is like Vietnam war, right? Private Punkbuster thought I was a Vietcong and shoots me instead of finding out what's going on, is it how a company with 15+ years of experience deal business? I agree that if they unban me for this, every other cheater will use the same excuse. But I have video footage to prove this is NOT an excuse and I am really innocent.
Message 4 of 20 (3,653 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Punkbuster is designed to detect all software like this. So it detected it as it was meant to do and banned you for it.

I can tell you that EA won't be able to do anything for you to help with this case. The only thing is to appeal through punkbuster again. Although i don't know if they will even unban you for it since they don't know if you are telling the truth or not.

Message 5 of 20 (3,646 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have emailed them, explained the situation. Provided them with video footage, and I even included the files of the program I used to them. And I expected them AT LEAST to review the evidences above. And that has been 4 days and absolutely no response at all. I dont expect them to believe me by just through what I said, but as "online gaming police", they should look into the case rather than just jump straight to conclusion and shoo me off like plagued dog...
Message 6 of 20 (3,638 Views)

@ykz_iweed

Have you lodged an appeal ticket as per this link that is the best can recommend at this point.

Ensure it is titled as an appeal so it is on record.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 7 of 20 (3,628 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thing is, that dude Alex J says it is up to PB to lift this ban. But when I try to lodge an appeal, PB says they won't lift any ban if there is no green light from Evenbalance. Now you tell me, what kind of service is that? Its like "This is not my problem, go to him" and the other be like "This is not my problem either, go back to the other guy"
Message 8 of 20 (3,623 Views)

@ykz_iweed

Evenbalance is this link and if as you say Evenbalance needs to provide the green light then they are who you need to deal with

Punkbuster is Evenbalance 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 9 of 20 (3,613 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I understand that Punkbuster is Evenbalance. I know that Evenbalance made Punkbuster. But its that they dont really work together, Punkbuster seems to have different admins. And I also understand that in order to lift a ban, I have to deal with Evenbalance. But the pain in this case is there seems to be only ONE support staff who take care of all the tickets, and he doesnt seem (excuse my language) to be giving any flying * about "supporting" customers. This is why I'm posting this up here, hoping some EA staff may read it and may put on some sort of investigation about this.
Message 10 of 20 (3,605 Views)