PunkBuster Permanent Ban

by longade

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PunkBuster Permanent Ban

★★★ Novice

Hi everybody,

I'm Dave from Italy.

I have been permanently banned from PunkBuster service without any reason. If I try to join any server from Battlelog, the game opens but after a few seconds I get kicked out. Here the error message from Battlelog: "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'longade' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN ae4e53c9".

Having said that, I have already opened two tickets in PunkBuster support page these days, but I am not sure if I will get an answer (I highly doubt it).

I also visited EA support page, but since it's a PunkBuster ban they invite you to ask PB support to try to resolve this situation.

I know that it is an old game, but I like playing it in my free time just to relax, have fun and get away from other things of my normal life (work, for example) and it is really frustrating that I have to create a new Origin account and buy a new copy of this game.

Here my question: is there a chance to also have the support from someone of EA? In this case I could be more certain that the message is received and seen by PB admins.

Sorry for the length of this message, I am really upset about this situation Frown

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 13 (2,383 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PunkBuster Permanent Ban

Hero
Hi @longade Sorry to hear about this, but it's not something anyone on AHQ can really help with. All you can do is persevere with PB support.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (2,366 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Hi @longade Sorry to hear about this, but it's not something anyone on AHQ can really help with. All you can do is persevere with PB support.

Message 2 of 13 (2,367 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @ElliotLH, thank you for your response. So, the last thing left for me is to wait for an answer from PB support Frown

I take the chance to ask you just another thing, is my account also banned in other EA games with PB service? (e.g bf3)

Again thank you

Message 3 of 13 (2,359 Views)

Hero
@longade To the best of my knowledge that is the case. It is a lot of reading but there's a long running topic about this on the Battlefield forums, there might be some info in there which you find useful: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/181804/master-discussion-thread-for-bf4-punkbuster-b... (initially it's talking about BF3 but there are BF4 posts too).

Being totally honest, and as I don't want to give you wrong info, I don't know enough to give you a reliable answer about how it can affect other games. I'll see what I can find though and will let you know what I find.

I hope you can get it sorted out so you can enjoy playing BF4 again.

Message 4 of 13 (2,340 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @ElliotLH, it's so unbelievable, I have not yet realized what happened.

Ok, reading the thread you shared, it seems that all games with PB service are affected by this 'global ban', so I can also say goodbye to BF3.

Yeah, I hope that PB support will answer and unban my account one day.

Thank you for your support, I really appreciated it.

Message 5 of 13 (2,331 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @longade 
Did it get resolved yet or no?
I am in the same boat. literally started the game for 10 minutes and got that permanent ban! wtf is this! I used to play the game before too, but since i installed it today couldn't play anything this is really frustrating.

Message 6 of 13 (2,174 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @Mr_3raqi,

unfortunately not, I opened four support tickets (yes, four) from PunkBuster support page about a month and a half ago, but I didn't get any response yet.

Other than that, I just don't know what to do...

Message 7 of 13 (2,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

there's no solution PB is gone bonkers and out of business (read their PO box address).
and they do not reply any email or ticket

sorry for your (account) loss.

PB global bans are usually issued with hacked accounts and/or graphical overlays in game (as overwolf or similar)

Message 8 of 13 (2,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has just happened to me to...

Message 9 of 13 (2,016 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@OuttoVP

Link to PO Box please.

Message 10 of 13 (2,006 Views)