Punk buster pbsetup not working

by DuilMaighstir

Original Post

Punk buster pbsetup not working

★★★ Novice

So my issue with punk buster is that the pbsetup application opens, but when it tries to update. it crashes. I’ve ran all the compatibility modes for it and ran as admin too. Nothing works. Please someone help me. I’m running on windows 10 

Message 1 of 18 (851 Views)

Re: Punk buster pbsetup not working

★★★★ Guide
@DuilMaighstir did you try to click on the install then reinstall section or no
Message 2 of 18 (824 Views)

★★★ Novice

The pbsetup application crashes before I can even click on anything 

Message 3 of 18 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Load windows into safe mode and try to install it again. 

Message 4 of 18 (774 Views)

★ Guide

Go into Windows Services ( Press Windows Key + R + Type Services.msc) then look to see if you have PnkBstrA + PnkBstrB, and if you do make sure they're not disabled. The only other possibility that would stop you that early in attempting to start the update could be your antivirus being overzealous 

Message 5 of 18 (746 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I get windows into safe mode 

Message 6 of 18 (684 Views)

★★★ Novice

The only version of punk buster that I have right now is the one that comes with battlefield 4  on origins. And that setup is PBsvc application. Which is out dated. Now I’m trying to download the PBsetup which is the most updated version of punk buster. I’ve downloaded the pbsetup file and opened it. Click and accepted the terms and then I wait for the thing to pop up and start updating but as soon as it tries to. It crashes. And I don’t know why this is happening to me. 

Message 7 of 18 (679 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DuilMaighstir As a long shot disable the anti virus and see if PB installs. It may have flagged the file a malicious.
Message 8 of 18 (645 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I’ve tried to download it in safemode and even disabled my antivirus and it still didn’t download it. The program crashes still. This is so annoying. You guys got any other options for me?

Message 9 of 18 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

So wait, are you saying it won't download or it won't install?  The direct download link below.

PBSETUP

Even Balance, Inc. - PunkBuster Online Countermeasures

Message 10 of 18 (561 Views)