Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Jan.

by ViTaMiN_lOvEs

Original Post

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] status: not f

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It would seem Memory Leak has been identified. Awaiting Beta Release Drivers!

https://twitter.com/tiggr_/status/555825926190415872

THANK-YOU soldato_fantasma

Message 441 of 477 (1,241 Views)

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Jan.

★★★ Newbie

This script is snakeoil .

As posted here , there are tools from Microsoft ( EMET) to detect and kill processes that exhibit this behaviour,including report the issue which will help MS either fix their issue (?) or report to the vendor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1xftur/npp_memory_leak/

MS EMET Link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2458544

Message 442 of 477 (1,174 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Wow... did it seriously take more than a year to resolve this?

I stopped playing due to this a year ago. I thought it was some weird combo with my PC. So just recently I grabbed an upgrade (ASUS Z97-A, Core i5 4690K, 8GB RAM) and a couple of my buddies convinced me to play again. They had bought premium so I couldnt join most of the servers they played on so I broke down and purchased Premium thinking that there is no possible way that this could still be an issue. Aside from my video card (HD 6950) everything else about my system has changed including operating system (running Windows 10 preview).

Imagine my shock and pure frustration when the EXACT same issue happened again!!!!! I was ready to blow my top.

This morning being a bit more raitional I decided to find this thread again to find out what is going on. Has the fix mentioned above come out yet?

If it was indeed an AMD issue that might be the straw that broke the camels back to make me go Nvidia next

Message 443 of 477 (908 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

My PC Specs:

Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H

CPU: Core i7 4770k

VGA: Gigabyte GTX 760

RAM 16 GB

My problems:

BF4 and BF3 FPS: 60 with Ultra. Sometime BF3 and BF4 just have FPS around 20fps (try some solutions: restart game, set Ultra back to Low but FPS still around 20)  -> Restart PC -> IT is normal again. What is problems???

Message 444 of 477 (827 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ViTaMiN_lOvEs wrote:

My PC Specs:

Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H

CPU: Core i7 4770k

VGA: Gigabyte GTX 760

RAM 16 GB

My problems:

BF4 and BF3 FPS: 60 with Ultra. Sometime BF3 and BF4 just have FPS around 20fps (try some solutions: restart game, set Ultra back to Low but FPS still around 20)  -> Restart PC -> IT is normal again. What is problems???

That is a separate issue likely. When the memory leak issue happens 20 fps would be wonderful.

Make sure you have the latest drivers, etc.

Message 445 of 477 (770 Views)

★ Novice

So, the winter CTE update just came out, and I got a memory leak. Not sure if these two events are related, but I though I'd mention it. I have a 2xGTX 970 SLI setup, and I still got this memory leak, so it's not just AMD cards (unless this is some new memory leak introduced by the patch?). I restarted the game and the problem no longer persists, but I managed to get THIS screenshot of my memory usage while playing BF4 from MSI Afterburner. It managed to fill my 32GB of RAM, then continued to fill 128GB of space in my pagefile.

Message 446 of 477 (726 Views)

Hero

@cheeseandcereal wrote:

So, the winter CTE update just came out, and I got a memory leak. Not sure if these two events are related, but I though I'd mention it. I have a 2xGTX 970 SLI setup, and I still got this memory leak, so it's not just AMD cards (unless this is some new memory leak introduced by the patch?). I restarted the game and the problem no longer persists, but I managed to get THIS screenshot of my memory usage while playing BF4 from MSI Afterburner. It managed to fill my 32GB of RAM, then continued to fill 128GB of space in my pagefile.

Well, that is certainly a memoryleak but not the NP Pool Memoryleak described in this thread as that would have required you to reboot your computer for the memory to be released.

carbonic signature

Message 447 of 477 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yeah, well since I've never had issues before the winter CTE, I can only assume that the winter CTE patch introduced some new type of memory leak. It's strange because I now also get lots of lag spikes which never happened before (and really shouldn't happen at all with a computer like mine, regardless of what settings I run the game at). Since the memory leak, I've been looking at how much RAM the game is using. I've never been too conscious of it before (since I've never had issues), but the game regularly uses 6GB of RAM on it's own. This obviously isn't a problem for me, since I have 32GB of RAM, but it still seems like 6GB is a little high for a game. It's kind of frustrating because the lag spikes I am getting are very consistent and happen every 10 or so seconds, and only started happening after the winter CTE update. I know it's not a problem on my end, as I know all my drivers are updated, and I was playing the game right before the update, and everything was fine, and I started playing right after the update was finished, and lag spikes everywhere. I guess it's also good to note that while most people say their performance increased, mine actually dropped about 20 or 30 fps after the patch (I used to run at 120 avg FPS, and it could get up to 150 or 160 pretty regularly but now it averages around 90 and never goes above 120), and I double checked to make sure none of my graphics settings were changed and they weren't. If you're curious, I was running at 1920x1080, 100% resolution scale with everything put to ultra, HBOA occlusion on, and 4xMSAA, although now I have to tone it back quite a bit to even get above 100 fps anymore. I guess it's also noteworthy to mention that I also turned my settings to low just to see if the lagspikes still existed when I play on low, and they do still occur even when I'm playing on low, maxing out at 200FPS.

My PC:

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (OC'd to 4.7ghz)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory

Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
Storage: Crucial M550 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Crucial M550 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (OC'd to 1418mhz core clock and 7560mhz Effective RAM clock)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (OC'd to 1418mhz core clock and 7560mhz Effective RAM clock)
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Message 448 of 477 (707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@cheeseandcereal

i got nearly the same system as you (but only one msi 970 gtx) and experience the same problem as you.

please refer to my forum post in battlelog:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065240707256527/

i get only GPU spikes which is still very annoying since the game runs very choppy now, although my fps stay always at 60 (capped).

i think the problem could be related to the winter patch.

as you i have done everything mentioned in the forums but nothing solves this...

Message 449 of 477 (631 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 450 of 477 (844 Views)