Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated Feb. 13)

by Hachiman_IT

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

"Seems that my "logic" still was correct "

You keep using that word "logic". I'm not so sure you understand what it means (insert Princess Bride reference here)

The memory leak is not specific to Mantle, and while it is possible that the introduction of some mantle code by DICE or AMD contributed to the issue, that has not been found or confirmed by anyone. This issue has been happening well before Mantle was even a thing, and it happens for cards that don't even support Mantle. Your "logic" was also trying to tie together the soundloop bug and the memory leak, yet there is no mention of that and you still claim to be correct? It's great the people in the community help out and contribute, but you are just confusing the issue.

Anyway, it will be great if the memory leak is actually fixed by the new AMD drivers. Personally I can't find out because the sound loop bug kills my game before the memory leak has a chance to raise its head.

Message 281 of 477 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Novice

The AMD driver update didn't fix anything here. HD6950 still same probs. Only the sound loop freeze disappeared through the latest 25.02.2014 patch for bf4. At first I thought the leak was fixed then a round Dawnbreaker and Siege of Shanghai came after map change and my NP pool was at 5 gb when stuttering occured and killed my fun.

Message 282 of 477 (1,035 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

This workaround :

• Running BF4 in Win7 compability 

Woks for me.

Why did you write "(not working and causing other problems)"?

Sorry for my bad english.

Win 8.1

KIS 2014

Radeon 6870

AMD Phenom II X4 965

8 Gb memory

Catalyst 14.1

Asus M5A78L latest bios

Message 283 of 477 (1,025 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Haha. New patch: Memory Leak every round again. Before today, leaks almost gone for whatever reason. What are they doing?!

Message 284 of 477 (809 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I installed the latest beta driver for my Radeon HD 5850 to see if it would fix the memory leak. I played about 4 games straight with no problem. Then, played another 3 the next day to have the leak occur mid game. I have yet to see if it has extended the time that I can play, but it still happens. So... Crap.

Message 285 of 477 (790 Views)

Hero

The 6. march patch brought back the memory leak for me. FFS Dice.

carbonic signature

Message 286 of 477 (782 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is just unreal... how does such a glaring issue go completely untouched for so long. At first I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt as I'm sure EA probably rushed the game out the door but now I'm pretty convinced that DICE is just incompetent. So happy that some new games are coming out soon that will probably put the whole battlefield series in the rearview

Message 287 of 477 (740 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated March 6th)

★★ Novice

I have Windows 7 HP. I have also been having the mem leak issue. A possibility perhaps, that I discovered by chance today, as to what is causing it.

This is taken from my thread I created.

"So over the past few days while playing Battlefield 4, I've been getting massive FPS drops and ping spikes. I couldn't for the life of me find out why it was happening. The FPS losses I attributed to the latest patch and the ping spikes confused me since there was nothing on my network but me. I even went and closed down any and all programs connected to the internet by opening a cmd prompt and using the netstat -b to find them ( which were too few to have caused the ping spikes) and close them down in task manager.
Today while tooling around in the Test Range I exited out and started browsing and noticed my fan was still going like I was in game.
When I minimized Firefox I saw Origin had the Broadcaster going.
I never even knew it was there let alone set it up for use or enabled it.
Since it is supposedly turned on by Origin In Game (Shift+F1) I checked and sure enough my settings were still Origin In Game Disabled.
So how is it getting enabled?
My PC isn't the greatest so any streaming/recording kills FPS (I know because I tried). Ping spikes can now be explained as my network isn't up to snuff to broadcast a live game as well as playing the game not to mention the fact that I don't even have a twitch account.

Going through Origin Application settings it doesn't even have anything about Origin Broadcaster for Twitch."

Bear with me OP I know you want issues, solutions etc relevant to your post. This may need looking into as it is a service that will likely chew up RAM. I didn't even know it was there. And I certainly did nothing to enable it and yet it was running.

I have been dealing with mostly ping spikes and the mem leak with BF4. I attributed it to poor development, my not so great PC, and my usable but slightly sub par internet connection.

Sudden FPS dips and everything you have mentioned points to the mem leak everyone is complaining about.Everything I have been experiencing as everyone else has.

And yet there it was when I minimized my browser.

Origin Broadcaster for Twitch.

When I clicked on it to see what settings etc.....it immediately went to "Not Responding" and I had to close it down with Task Manager.

This may or may not be the cause or even a part of the issue, I'm not sure, as I haven't been able to repeat it. But when I was playing there were FPS dips down to 3 and with that running and even possibly trying to connect that might explain it.

I am not trying to hijack your thread or find an answer here for this very weird issue. But it may be the problem.

Message 288 of 477 (555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

UP!!

Still got the problem for more than 3 months now!!!!!!!!!

Message 289 of 477 (800 Views)

★★ Apprentice

AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 631 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
4GB memory
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series DDR5 1GB
Windows 7 64 bit

Yep, also have memory leak issue. that cause app to crash, when memory goes to 94% to 97%
But sometimes im able to play few rounds of CQL RUSH or CTF, TDM is uplayable for me i get instant crash (Other modes didnt had time to try, im too happy when im able to play more then 10 mins Standard smile )

I hope it will be fixed soon guys! Be strong! and take care

Bozidar

Message 290 of 477 (736 Views)