Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated Dec. 14)

by chickenhyphen

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated Jan. 13)

★★★★ Novice

I'm still getting the memory leak.

I'm not going to get an AMD card next time I need to upgrade.

Message 201 of 477 (518 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue, I have Windows 8.1 but i have an Nvidia card with the latest driver. The issue occured with the previous driver too.

GT635M 2GB and 6GB of RAM

Message 202 of 477 (500 Views)

Hero

@iDan122 wrote:

I have this issue, I have Windows 8.1 but i have an Nvidia card with the latest driver. The issue occured with the previous driver too.

GT635M 2GB and 6GB of RAM

Still, all Nvidia people who claim to have this problem will have to provide a screenshot of RamMap showing it's the same problem.

carbonic signature

Message 203 of 477 (490 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So the memory leak is back here, too. Had some hopes, since I could play a few hours yesterday and after the patch it does seem to run a lot smoother. But nope. NonPagedPool filled up again, after a few server-changes and a little over 90 minutes of playing. (Radeon HD6900)

Message 204 of 477 (473 Views)

★★ Novice

I installed windows 7 on a SSD I wasn't using and BF4 runs great on it. No RAM issues. Same exact hardware, just windows 7 instead of 8.1

Message 205 of 477 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

3rd new map every time so far, and doesn't matter which map it is. Halfway into the game and suddenly memory just starts climbing.

Message 206 of 477 (444 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey. Since the most recent update (For battlefield), I have once again, begun to experience frequent memory leaks. Before, it was intermittent and I was content to deal with it. Now, it happens much more often, and I am quite displeased. 

Radeon HD 5800 series

Amd fx 4100 qaud core 3.6ghz

Win 8.1

Message 207 of 477 (400 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have literally stopped playing the game until it was confirmed fixed. If I thought there was some way to get a refund for it I would. What an absolute joke

Message 208 of 477 (393 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated Dec. 14)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

2 1/2 months for a "fix" that doesn't fix it, as if they couldn't have tested this on their own in 1 day to find out themselves it didn't work.  They put up this whole "control room" thing for the "latest intel" and we aren't ever told a damn thing.  We can't even get a release date on Second Assault after they lied about delaying future releases and Xbox got it on schedule while we get screwed yet again.

Message 209 of 477 (649 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, I've written to AMD as rquested but it's worth pointing out that I have the issue on an R9 290 so it's wider than just the 5XXX and 6XXX series cards.  My setup is as follows:

Windows 8.1 Pro

FX 8320 @ 3.5Ghz

8GB 1600Mhz RAM

MSI R9 290

Cat Control 13.12

It's sits around 50% memory usage and then WHAM - shoots up to 100% with no applications seemingly utilising the memory space.  I can then see my primary SSD drive get hammered at 100% utilisation as the system starts paging horribly.  The gameplay (as you might imagine) just starts getting choppy and runs @ around 2fps!

I agree that we need to keep this thread constructive and thanks to carbonic for starting it, but this really isn't good enough.  It can be reproduced in a matter of minutes and I fail to see how EA / DICE / AMD can't see this.  Oh well, here's to hoping ...

Message 210 of 477 (641 Views)