Re: Anyone tried "RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable"?

by WoodroweBones

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@legendarysolid wrote:

@chrisdturk wrote:

Does anyone tried to set
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 0 and RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 0 in the user.cfg?
I saw this settings in the BF4-Settings-Editor and thought that this maybe prevents the memory-leak because DirectX 11.1 is only available in windows 8 (only Windows 8 machines seem to suffer from memory-leaks).

I activated this settings myself now and tried it for several hours - no memory-leak so far.

Has anyone tried this?
I would've tried if my internet connection wasn't a complete bitch.

I suspect this may resolve the issue for some users. I had basically done this by setting windows 7 compatibility mode which stopped the leak for me completely. I've pretty much given up that this will be fixed which is maddening. It puts serious doubts on any future DICE purchases and my next GPU will most likely be Nvidia

Message 151 of 477 (1,248 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@chrisdturk wrote:

Does anyone tried to set
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 0 and RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 0 in the user.cfg?
I saw this settings in the BF4-Settings-Editor and thought that this maybe prevents the memory-leak because DirectX 11.1 is only available in windows 8 (only Windows 8 machines seem to suffer from memory-leaks).

I activated this settings myself now and tried it for several hours - no memory-leak so far.

I have to disappoint you memleak-buddies. I still got memory-leaks with these settings Frown  

Even RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 0 doesn't help. I also updated from Windows 8 to 8.1 -> still memory-leaks.

Message 152 of 477 (1,236 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated Dec. 23)

★★ Novice

I'm also experiencing this memory leak.

CPU: i7-4770k

RAM: 16 GB DDR3 2400

Mobo: Asus Z87-A

GFX: Sapphire Radeon HD6970

GFX Drivers: 13.11 beta. Tried 13.12 and same thing.

Basically same as everyone else. Mostly happens when playing for extended periods of time. I've crashed out and see I have 15 GB of ram being used.

Message 153 of 477 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Novice

I risked it and bought an XFX R9 280X and... No leaks so far! Played longer since getting this card than when I had the 5870.

It's not the right solution because someone needs to fix this for the 5xxx and 6xxx GPUs.  

I'm tempted to say this is an AMD driver issue but its difficult to tell.  I also wouldn't be surprised if this magically fixes itself when the mantle update gets released which is probably why it's not getting any attention.

Message 154 of 477 (1,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone !

First sorry for my english i'm french and we are not really godd for other language !

I try to read all your post but it's too complicate for me to all understand so sorry if that often post but i want know if a fix exist yet ???

I send a mail to amd like you say on the first post.

Sorry for disturbing and i hope we can play this FO*****G game quickly ! Standard smile

Message 155 of 477 (1,191 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So how many weeks/months are going to go by without a fix/update?  Haven't played this piece of crap game in 2 weeks, just finally played a bit and got the memory leak in 2 out of 3 maps played.

EA/AMD/DICE you all suck, I don't care which one of you is responsible at this point, you're all horrible at supporting your customers and I hope you lose your lawsuit and go bankrupt.

Message 156 of 477 (1,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought I would jump in

I was having horrible issues with a memory leak.

Overclocked i5 SB

Radeon 6970 2GB

8 GBs of Ram

yada yada

Anyway, It hasn't showed its face in a few days. Has there been a patch lately?

Message 157 of 477 (1,141 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes. Had it yesterday again, too. 

Isn't there at least some way of flushing the NonPagedPool without rebooting? I've heard some people talk about it in a stream. That some tool deletes the garbage-files that the buggy dll or whatever creates?

Message 158 of 477 (1,058 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hmm we dont know. Ask the streamer or the streamers chat again pls.

Message 159 of 477 (1,010 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Guess nobody cares.  We are forgotten becuase we have the older series of cards that still run fine instead of buying rebranded models with inflated prices.

Thanks AMD and DICE, we support you and you ignore us and don't even have the decency to give us an update after nearly a month since you FINALLY even ACKNOWLEDGED this.

Message 160 of 477 (983 Views)