Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated Dec. 5)

by WoodroweBones

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Same problem.
windows 7 professional 64-bit, full updated
core i5, 8 Gb RAM, nvidia GT 650M, newest drivers
freezing after one match, ram usage 98-99%

Please help! Yesterday, I was seriously thinking to buy Call of duty! You see how desperate i am?!

Message 21 of 477 (3,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Can the two Nvidia people posts screenshots showing that it's the Nonpaged Pool that the memory leak is happening in?

A link to something that might look like this:

carbonic signature

Message 22 of 477 (3,114 Views)

★★★ Novice

hello to all . had the same problem . my proc is amd and also my video card is amd radeon hd 6*** series . have 8 gb 1600 mhz kingston ram s . had the same problem and was looking for a solution for some time . finally i figured out thanks to this post . at win 8 at did looked at starting programs and stopped catalyst . made it start as admin and compability win 7 . i use norton i s i added bf4 to its trusted programs and added a place in firewall for bf4 . now it works perfectly . thx for all the info to fix it and hope everybody have the good luck i have ...

Message 23 of 477 (3,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey guys,

I had the same problem on my Radeon HD 6950 card using the latest drivers.  My game had no memory leak issues until recently when I started using the borderless window.  Once I switch back to fullscreen mode, the memory leak seemingly stopped occuring for me, which I find quite strange.

So, if you're having this memory leak issue when running BF4 in borderless, try switching to fullscreen and see if it fixes the issue for you too.

EDIT: nevermind, I seem to just have had a good 5-10 game streak without memory leaking. it seems that this has NOT fixed the problem.

Message 24 of 477 (3,052 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I would suspect the majority of us are running in Full Screen.

For the other user with the workaround just running in Windows 7 compatibility has stopped the memory leak for me but now I get random freezes/audio loops that stop the game entirely until I end the task in Task Manager. Maybe it would do this running in regular windows 8.1 mode as well but I'm not able to game long enough to know

Message 25 of 477 (3,039 Views)

★★★ Novice

i7 2600k @4.6GHZ

2X 6950
Windows 8.1 64 bits
Lastest AMD drivers
16GB of ram (so it is really hard for me to notice memory leaks)

happened like 10 times in my whole BF4 experience yet, seems to be fixed right now

Message 26 of 477 (2,962 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yup, still gettin the leak

AMD Phenom II X4 960T

AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

Win8.1 (had the leak with Win8 as well)

16GB

Message 27 of 477 (2,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I read this thread almost everyday now hope there will be some fix show up. Orz

My PC.

AMD Athlon II X4 620

Gigabyte GA-770T-UD3P

8GB DDR3 memory

AMD Radeon HD5750 1GB GDDR5

Windows 8.1 x64 with latest update

AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta9.5

Realtek Ethernet driver v8.020

Browser that I try to opne Battlelog

Chrome 31.0.1650.63 m
Firefox 26
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16476

still freeze every now and then.

I try everyway I found:

Windows 7, 8 compatibility

Run on administrator

Disable DPI

Disable NDU

Play with full screen instead of borderless

Alt+tab when loading new map

after all that sometime I can play longer than normal but after a while it still eat up all my memory.

Message 28 of 477 (2,775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I point blank REFUSE to make changes to my pc to make this game run (A video driver update is not what I mean)

I play the following games:

• Planetside2
  • Dota2
  • Arma3

None of which:

• Crash with directx issues
  • Use up my pagefile/swap memory (I feel like I am back in Windows95 days)  I have not seen this kind of issue from an app for >15 years, I have to reboot my PC to get the page/swap memory to reset?  Why does this app specifically do this rather than just show as using 4GB of Ram?
  • have sound glitches where all of a sudden I am just getting gun sounds, but no vehicle sounds.

I'm sorry, but I have to say I regret buying this game. By this stage of a Battlefield game (1 month in) I would have clocked up 5 to 10 times as much play time.  

I look at these "bonus events" where people who have already unlocked amazing weapons will get even more unlocks and bonuses and I can't even play 2 maps in a row.  A typical nights play involves finally into "the groove/mindset of the game" and then my system slows down to 3 frames a second as there is no memory left.  I reboot (since there is NO other rectification) and then wait 5-15 minutes to get back into my clan server and then if I am lucky I get another 40 minutes or less before it either crashes or fills up memory again.

So you know what?

I think that we deserve a refund or Origin Credit to the value of the game for this absolutely abysmal experience.  It's just not good enough.  If this was a new brand, it  would be permanently ruined, as it is, I am not certain I will ever buy another Battlefield title.

EA/Dice feel free to contact me - I am NOT happy.

Message 29 of 477 (2,772 Views)

Hero

The new patch just arrived. The patchnotes mention nothing of the memoryleak.

carbonic signature

Message 30 of 477 (2,739 Views)