Re: Please just unlock the Campaign guns for me?

by apollov7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please just unlock the Campaign guns for me?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've absolutely had it.  Reinstalled Windows.  Tried both Windows 8 and 8.1  Uninstalled, reinstalled Battlefield 4 around 9 times by now.  Tried EVERY available setting in-game.  Tried when only Origin and Battlefield 4 were installed on a fresh system.  The crash is at loading right after Greenland sends you to Suez.  I can't take it anymore.  It has become beyond frustrating.  I've got around 500 hours in the game and I am running out of stuff to do.  I have NO desire to finish the campaign after the fiasco I've put myself through.  I think the problem alone, which exists in tons of posts all over EA and Battlelog, is worthy of at least a few people who ask nicely to have the guns unlocked for them.  Seriously.  Please?

editing in the fact that I've probably spent a total of 40 hours of my life trying to install this game and Windows etc which is just...  Wrong.

Message 1 of 4 (264 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I don't play on PC, so that's why I recommended you check that thread. I wanted to answer your main question, which I did, but I also wanted to give you some sort of guidance in the right direction. It is impossible to give you weapons anyways.

We're community members here to help, not EA Staff. I didn't think any of what you implied when I linked that thread, I though "Well, for someone like me who has played on an Xbox for 6 years, let me see what little I can do to help this user out." Glad you appreciated the help.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (222 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

No, we cannot and will not unlock the campaign weapons for you. If you're having a problem with the game crashing, read here for possible solutions.

Message 2 of 4 (247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah I figured I'd get this, thus I will never have the guns.  Two different computers, 20-30 hours spent troubleshooting.  Thanks for the no-help.  You really know how to be a shining pillar of light for this community.

Editing in the fact that it's pretty condescending to point people to a thread that obviously has been used to death prior to the posting of a plea for help.  I had this problem with Batman Arkham Origins and after a year of ripping my hair out, a quiet patch was released because the game had troubles with certain variants of Realtek audio chips. 

When it comes down to it, the link you posted me to was one that you could have at least thought, "this guy has put a LOT of hours into troubleshooting, he's rebuilt his PC(s) from scratch to try to fix this problem, is this blanket FAQ thread that deals mostly with NON critical game issues going to help him?"

I will be giving my Origin details to a friend who has completed the campaign and having him do the last mission for me as soon as I can.  I have two PC's, and the only similar component in either is that they both share the same CPU, albeit ones with months-apart steppings.  You really have to read people's cries for help and take into account that maybe some of them HAVE exhausted every little bit of troubleshooting on their end.  I now fully regret making an attempt to ask for help on this site, regret that is shared by the thousands of other people who came here for help, leaving with nothing.

Message 3 of 4 (236 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I don't play on PC, so that's why I recommended you check that thread. I wanted to answer your main question, which I did, but I also wanted to give you some sort of guidance in the right direction. It is impossible to give you weapons anyways.

We're community members here to help, not EA Staff. I didn't think any of what you implied when I linked that thread, I though "Well, for someone like me who has played on an Xbox for 6 years, let me see what little I can do to help this user out." Glad you appreciated the help.

Message 4 of 4 (223 Views)