Re: Please explain skill loss

by Carbonic

Original Post

Please explain skill loss

★★ Novice

one simple task +/- calculations how on earth 695-13 is 668? how just how?

i like to keep my skill high because it looks nice but its impossible because it doubles the amount of skill you lose every round.

Message 1 of 5 (299 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello @V9_Pingas !

I'm not quite sure about this bug. You might want to create a post on the Battlelog Forums about this topic, for the developer are more likely to see posts there.

Keep in mind that the Battlelog forum Rules and the EA Terms of Service do apply on the Battlelog Forums.

Message 2 of 5 (264 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hey Apollo, I've done that already and all we get are either the same answer you gave me or just a bunch of wise **sses telling ya to get better or that the skill number doesn't mean anything. The link you gave me the other day I thank you for, but it wasn't helpful and the guy almost sounded like he knew what he was talking about, except a couple people mentioned some things about his formula that he hadn't thought of. Almost as if this guy isn't even a dev.

That is who really needs to answer these questions because this is really beginning to rub me the wrong way. As I'm sure it is the OP. How do we get in touch with any of them to ask? After just 3 matches less than 30 mins ago, I was sitting on 216 to start. gained 7, gained another 4, then lost 11( which is ridiculous). So all told I should be back at 216. Right now, while I'm on my computer it shows 216. However, the console shows 206. In 15 minutes the damn system is going to take the 11 once more and stick me at 206. That's bs. They can't even get their scoring system synced up? The load out is the same too. Look online on my pc and console at the same time, my knives are different. Try to change one to match the other and it switches to bayonet. It won't stay the one that I select.

Message 3 of 5 (252 Views)

★★ Novice

this is ridiculous .....lost -16 skill and my skill before that was 562 now it shows 536..... WHAT IS THIS?

Message 4 of 5 (234 Views)

Hero

Oh I wish they would just remove the "skill" value from Battlefield 4 all together. It a meaningless number that has only promoted stat whoring and bad gameplay and it has always been broken.

We can't fix this on Answer HQ. This is a community based support forum. Gamers helping fellow gamers. If you are not satisfied with how skill works or doesn't work you should leave that feedback on the Battlelog forums. People have been mentioning it since release so take that as you may.

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 5 (229 Views)