Re: Playing in Europe with a Korean VPN, is it legal?

by coltangent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Playing in Europe with a Korean VPN, is it legal?

★★★ Newbie

The title pretty much says it all. 

Is it legal to play Battlefield 4 on a Korean IP (so i will get acces to the game earlier) , or will i get bannend? Frown

Message 1 of 5 (4,792 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Origin does not support VPN/proxy usage.

Such things can lead to slow downloads, lag, and other network issues. You can find out a bit more here: https://help.ea.com/uk/article/custom-network-settings-and-download-speeds

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (4,885 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Origin does not support VPN/proxy usage.

Such things can lead to slow downloads, lag, and other network issues. You can find out a bit more here: https://help.ea.com/uk/article/custom-network-settings-and-download-speeds

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (4,886 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nothing in the EULA thats says anything about using VPN so i guess your in a grey area ....

Message 3 of 5 (4,738 Views)

Playing Battlefield 4 before release date.

★ Novice

I live in the United Kingdom and I have found information on the internet about using a VPN/Proxy website to play Battlefield 4 before the 1st November 2013. I have done the pre-load and will be waiting patiently but a question that I would like answered is:

Is it against the TOS to use a VPN/Proxy to play a game on Origin before its release date for my Country? If so, what is the punishment?

Thanks in advance!

Message 4 of 5 (3,096 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Ea david, i thank you for your honesty and with this i will attempt , i have puchased bf4 legally and am only going on bf4 vpn access to play .. not to hax cheat or anything untoward.. 

Cheers 

Message 5 of 5 (2,698 Views)