PS4 account is linked to wrong email address

by heng

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 account is linked to wrong email address

★★★ Newbie

Somehow I've linked my PS4 ID to a different Origin ID email address. How do I delete this account and re-link it to my original origin?

Message 1 of 10 (30,232 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4 account is linked to wrong email address

EA Staff

Please contact an Advisor via live chat or phone for assistance with this issue:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3. Type in the name of the affected game
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (33,742 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Please contact an Advisor via live chat or phone for assistance with this issue:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3. Type in the name of the affected game
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Message 2 of 10 (33,743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I have the same issue and customer support told me that this could be only be possible to resolve by merging the two e-mail IDs. 

Is this how your issue got resolved?

Thanks

Message 3 of 10 (30,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So apparently for BF1 there is no way to ever change this email or the game becomes unplayable. If you merge the accounts one of them will loose all progress. Basically merging accounts means they give you codes for all the games you have and you can re-install them on the new account as totally new games. THIS IS CRAZY

Message 4 of 10 (26,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so how do i merge my last account if its deactivated?

Message 5 of 10 (25,293 Views)

EA Community Manager

Depends on what you mean with "deactivated", @bama2vegas. On which end is it deactivated, is it the EA account or is it the console account? Can you go into a bit more detail about your situation?

Message 6 of 10 (25,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I need to change my phone on my account but I can’t log in unless I get an verification code and I can’t get it without changing my number
Message 7 of 10 (21,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_JokerHi I have a big broblem my PSN ID is linked with wrong EA account( and its not mine).
I contacted EA help about this and they only been able to tel me a email domain and it's "mail". I never ever had domain like that. EA help actually don't belive me I have/had only 2 emails and it's not them. They say they won't help me because I need to verified that EA account, how can I verified a account that's clearly not mine.
They next step was to send me to EA recovery team to recover Ea account that's Not mine shock!?

Recovery team didn't help because I can't provide enough information about that account,  obviously.
Instead of unlink my PSN from it. Really poor customer service.

Message 8 of 10 (9,785 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kaczordbz typically if you set up security questions you can answer those, I've seen people ask for things such as a scanned copy or photo of your government issued ID etc in the past.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 9 of 10 (9,725 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

For account issues please reach out to EA support.
https://twitter.com/EAHelp
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (9,477 Views)