PS4-PS5 weapons missing

by thomashawtin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4-PS5 weapons missing

★★★ Newbie

I have recently bought a PS5. On BF4, although my account shows my level s and all unlocked, I am missing a bunch of unlocked guns. They show like I haven't earned them yet. How can I sort this. 

Message 1 of 5 (695 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4-PS5 weapons missing

★★★★★ Expert

@thomashawtin wrote:

I have recently bought a PS5. On BF4, although my account shows my level s and all unlocked, I am missing a bunch of unlocked guns. They show like I haven't earned them yet. How can I sort this. 

Hi @thomashawtin ,

I have myself also migrated from PS4 to PS5 with my old BF4 soldier!

And it does indeed work as intended.  I did however have to first download all the DLCs and also log on to play a bit in each of the DLC worlds before all the associated weapons became unlocked for my solder again, despite I had previously unlocked all of them while playing the BF4 game on my PS4.   So I think it was a question about getting all the settings/soldier profile on the PS5 environment synchronized with the central battlelog server at EA's end, before the local cached soldier data on my local PS5 was fully updated with all of it.

Suggest you try first to ensure you have all the DLCs downloaded to your PS5 besides just the core game version.  After that, try and enter a game in each of the DLC extensions to force your local soldier profile to get this recorded on your local PS5 that they are activated.  Then lets hear if you now have all the weapons unlocked as you are supposed to.  If still having a problem, then please share the link if you can please to your soldier in Battlelog. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (663 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@thomashawtin wrote:

Hi @thomashawtin ,

I have myself also migrated from PS4 to PS5 with my old BF4 soldier!

And it does indeed work as intended.  I did however have to first download all the DLCs and also log on to play a bit in each of the DLC worlds before all the associated weapons became unlocked for my solder again, despite I had previously unlocked all of them while playing the BF4 game on my PS4.   So I think it was a question about getting all the settings/soldier profile on the PS5 environment synchronized with the central battlelog server at EA's end, before the local cached soldier data on my local PS5 was fully updated with all of it.

Suggest you try first to ensure you have all the DLCs downloaded to your PS5 besides just the core game version.  After that, try and enter a game in each of the DLC extensions to force your local soldier profile to get this recorded on your local PS5 that they are activated.  Then lets hear if you now have all the weapons unlocked as you are supposed to.  If still having a problem, then please share the link if you can please to your soldier in Battlelog. 

Message 2 of 5 (664 Views)

@CyberDyme ^^^This. On console Battlefield the DLC weapons are physically contained in the expansion packs so if you do not install or uninstall an expansion pack you lose access to that weapon.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 5 (644 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@ragnarok013 wrote:
@CyberDyme^^^This. On console Battlefield the DLC weapons are physically contained in the expansion packs so if you do not install or uninstall an expansion pack you lose access to that weapon.

Yep @ragnarok013 ,

All clear and logic per the game mechanics, reason why I asked the OP to ensure the DLCs were fully downloaded and installed.  The consoles even allow you to start the gaming before all components have finished their full download/install.  So it may cause further hickups of this kind as the downloads are still ongoing in the background, but not visible to the player.  Just one of those things...   :o)  

Message 4 of 5 (639 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will give it a go. I haven’t checked to see if DLC’s are downloaded. I will let you know 

Message 5 of 5 (617 Views)