PS4 Battlefield 4 Update file - cannot complete the update. I can't play online, please help !

by jimmybilly

Original Post

PS4 Battlefield 4 Update file - cannot complete the update. I can't play online, please help !

★★★ Newbie

Hi all, 

I recently purchased a ps4 with Battlefield,COD,FIFa and Killzone. To play online you need to complete an update file. The download has worked perfectly with all of my other games but every time battlefield gets to the end of the download it just says 'Cannot complete the update'  - if i push option on my controller the only option it gives me is to 'delete' the update file ( which i have done and tried re installing with no luck ) 

is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know how to fix it ? 

Please please please help, im desperate to play battlefield 4 online ! !  

thanks 

Message 1 of 4 (2,636 Views)

Re: PS4 Battlefield 4 Update file - cannot complete the update. I can't play online, please help !

★★★ Newbie

This is particularly infuriating. The PS4 offers no explanation, other than to say that the it "Cannot complete the update." I have to repeat the download each time I want to attempt this. I cannot play online without this necessary update.

Message 2 of 4 (2,579 Views)

Re: PS4 Battlefield 4 Update file - cannot complete the update. I can't play online, please help !

★★★ Newbie
Did you ever fix this issue? I'm having the exact same problem!
Message 3 of 4 (2,272 Views)

★ Novice
Fixed this just now. I just deleted the game data from the ps4 and reinstalled it from the disc. Make sure when you hit start hit no to entering the without downloading the update.

Hope this works for you. See you in game
Message 4 of 4 (2,087 Views)