Re: PS4 BF4 Extreme Lag Rubberbanding Stuttering Connection is Good

by hale2tkng

Original Post

PS4 BF4 Extreme Lag Rubberbanding Stuttering Connection is Good

★★★★ Novice

I upgraded from the PS3 to the PS4 version using the 10 dollar upgrade. So my game is a digital copy  Other than the usual crashes the first few days the game was playable and I had no issues other than the common connectivity issues.

I leave for a week and now the game is unplayable.  

My internet connection is good, I am getting a solid 10megs down and 1.5 up and my ping is in the 20-30ms range.

Whenever I am playing everyone bounces around on the screen, Vehicles disappear then reappear somewhere else, as well as people.  I played with the network smoothing factor in the options as others had suggested this and that has improved my hit detection in game and I am getting kills but then people will appear out of nowhere and kill me.  

The more players on the game the worse the problem becomes.

I have tried using a friends internet connection and the problem still persists.  I am pretty sure I have eliminated the connection as the issue.  What options do I have other than re-downloading the 35 gigabyte file and hoping it fixes this.  Anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 43 (30,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Absolutely agree I get connection speeds of 12-18mb download and 2.5-3 up wireless and it's so laggy it's impossible to play 64 man servers stutters and rubber bands all the time what connection speed do they think most people have?
Message 2 of 43 (30,420 Views)

★ Novice

I was able to play this game perfectly fine, then once the patch hit, it is now unplayable because the lag is that bad. I have died approx. 20 times from lag related issues and I have a solid 20-30 mb down with 20 ping, so I heavily doubt its my connection.

Message 3 of 43 (30,338 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well I tried everything I can think of,  I re-initialized (Wiped hard drive)  re-downloaded and reinstalled everything, 

I shutdown my router, and ran a cable directly from my Modem to my PS4, and the problem still persists.  I am at a loss.

Guess Im fixing to see if best buy will take a return,  I didnt spend 500 dollars for a game system I cant play,  I may pick one up later in the year if they fix some of the issues with it.  Sucks because the games look amazingly good and were fun when it was working.

Message 4 of 43 (30,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

dude don't return your ps4 it is not the system, it is the game, this lag is across all platform, I have it on PC and PS4 and it both lags as well as my friend on xbone so don't make a biased decision against system when its not sony's fault it is the fault of EA right now but they are working on it

Message 5 of 43 (29,958 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Since the second or third day of the release I have been getting this nasty rubberbanding and people being right in fron of me (apparently) but no one is there...then I die. I'm so glad there are others with this problem and not just me. Hopefully DICE/EA recognizes this issue and will fix it for those of us affected by it.

Message 6 of 43 (29,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I'm having this problem. I have a solid connection, 30 megs down, 4 up and the lag (and errors) are destroying the game for me. Something is completely wrong when you have a minigun directly on a target at mid range watching all the rounds go through the target the whole time watching the target run up plant c-4 and you're dead. Sneak up on someone, fire a whole magazine on them, they turn around and knife you?! My favorite is rounding a corner and getting run over by a tank that was never on my screen. That's frustrating enough, then you see your score... hundreds to low thousands,1 kill, 21 deaths, etc. It's frustrating, embarrassing, and extremely difficult to unlock weapons and equipment upgrades.

Message 7 of 43 (29,499 Views)

★★ Novice

does anyone know if dice are adressing this issue ie another patch and are they adding the create a squad option like on bf3

Message 8 of 43 (29,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have FiOS and am just minutes from Reston with a connection of averaging 59 Mbps down and 39 up. This problem isn't bandwidth or lag related. Hope it's not client side. Changing the lag compensation setting thingy didn't help in settings either
Message 9 of 43 (29,025 Views)

★★ Novice

so far ive noticed the only laggy games are the ones with 64 players in maybe it was a bad mistake to put this into the game they should have just stuck to 32 players per game

@buckethead232 wrote:

I upgraded from the PS3 to the PS4 version using the 10 dollar upgrade. So my game is a digital copy  Other than the usual crashes the first few days the game was playable and I had no issues other than the common connectivity issues.

I leave for a week and now the game is unplayable.  

My internet connection is good, I am getting a solid 10megs down and 1.5 up and my ping is in the 20-30ms range.

Whenever I am playing everyone bounces around on the screen, Vehicles disappear then reappear somewhere else, as well as people.  I played with the network smoothing factor in the options as others had suggested this and that has improved my hit detection in game and I am getting kills but then people will appear out of nowhere and kill me.  

The more players on the game the worse the problem becomes.

I have tried using a friends internet connection and the problem still persists.  I am pretty sure I have eliminated the connection as the issue.  What options do I have other than re-downloading the 35 gigabyte file and hoping it fixes this.  Anyone else having this problem?

Message 10 of 43 (28,103 Views)