PC FPS drops/Stuttering/Freezing - Non of the solutions i found on the web worked

by Captain_AppIe

Original Post

Highlighted

PC FPS drops/Stuttering/Freezing - Non of the solutions i found on the web worked

★★★ Novice

Hi guys..
So i have this problem now with Stuttering, short freezes, low fps and fps drops in game (BF4)..
I didnt have them at the time China Rising was the only available and at that time i had w7 32 bit (playing on med-high settings)
Now its constant 30 FPS and dropping.
Not to mention the Loooong map loading..

Drops happen when:
-I zoom in with a scope
-I enter/drive a vehicle
-Start shooting
-there are explosions nearby
-Other ppl shooting nearby 
..etc

PC Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66 GHz

4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 (Up to date)
DirectX 11
NET 4.5

I tried many this fixes:
1. Ran the game on LOW graphic settings (except the resolution was on 1980x1080)
2. I created a User.cfg file with this settings:

RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1 (also tried with 0)

RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 1 (also tried with 0)

RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 1 (also tried with 0)

RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0

WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0

WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0

WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256

WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0

RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0

PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0

PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
3. I unparked my CPU cores..
4. I disabled Vertical Sync..
5. NVIDIA Control Panel->Adjust 3D settings->
-Anisotropic Filtering: 8x/16x
-Max. Prerendered frames: 1
-Multi display/Mixed GPU acceleration: Single Display Performance Mode

-Power managment mode: Prefer maximum performance

ONLY THING THAT WORKED (stable 60 fps): Setting graphic settings to LOW and Resolution to Much lower.. but ... but it was like playing on a wooden calculator with POTATO batteries.. i cant play like that. noone can.

So do i need a god damn new computer ?
Any help is appreciated (sorry for my poor english)

Message 1 of 14 (3,533 Views)

Re: PC FPS drops/Stuttering/Freezing - Non of the solutions i found on the web worked

★★★ Novice

BUMP Frown

Message 2 of 14 (3,513 Views)

Re: PC FPS drops/Stuttering/Freezing - Non of the solutions i found on the web worked

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I have a few things to try to help you if you have not done already  also a new CPU and such would fully help but lets try and get you able to game for now with out so many issues until you can upgrade your PC....

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

======================================================

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

========================================================

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF4. As well as Fraps it is now making issues for some.

=========================================================================

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

==========================================================================

If all this does not help check your windows you can also do this first if you want...

We need to rule out or fix issues in windows first before we try to fix this. So copy and past this next part to note pad and close browsers and programs like Origin to run this as open programs can give errors. Do it all as ADMIN and read this all fully before you start. When done post back.
===================================================================

Test your windows for errors
This works in all windows O/S vista win 7,8 and 8.1 windows system file checker :] Copy and past this to note pad and put it on your desktop. Open programs / browsers can give you errors when you run this so please close them.

...... sfc /scannow ..... ever hear of it if not your going to love this .... it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them. This little tool as well as the event viewer saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved my .... many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :]

For win7 go to start left click in search type cmd and right click cmd pick run as admin

For win 8.1 right click start bottom left of screen and pick command prompt admin

1 - Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like origin.

2 - Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3 - This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4 -After its done reboot and do it again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix ... run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5- So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop now for now lol, If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6 - If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow more then 3x in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format or try repair win 7 :/ But after format or repair and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between them.

If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run this next command / line in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ It will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything and it will also fix errors in the registry :]

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ------- ONLY works for windows 8 and 8.1

7 - When its done reboot

________________________________________________________________________________

I do NOT work for EA , I am just a gamer who will try to help another gamer on PC fix BF4 issues. Did I help you @ all? Reward me with a XP if I did. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

Message 3 of 14 (3,510 Views)

★★★ Novice

So i tried running the game and origin in Administrator, disabled origin ingame, i dont use cloud storage at all, since the computer was installed from scratch again i have no such programs (MSI,fraps) online the recommended and important ones for gaming and other usage..but i deleted the bf4 document folder anyway no success (highest FPS i got was 33). Is it maybe set to max 30 or 33?

I did the sfc /scannow thingy (no programs on except 1 folder and 1 notepad) it went to 100% in around 5 min and it said 
"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" I assume this is a good thing.

I guess its my hardware than? CPU?

Message 4 of 14 (3,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi BlizzStarx  Ok so windows is not the issue this is good if it was ran 2x error free like I posted. The fact you did have ok FPS before but dont now tells me something is not up to date on your PC or in game mm lets try this..

Latest version of DirectX see this page

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/confirmation.aspx?id=14632

Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Edit... Brain fart just woke up lol 

________________________________________________________________________________

I do NOT work for EA , I am just a gamer who will try to help another gamer on PC fix BF4 issues. Did I help you @ all? Reward me with a XP if I did. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

Message 5 of 14 (3,474 Views)

★★★ Novice

My DirectX is up to date (Version 11)
-checked in dxdiag

I've got installed this Microsoft Visual C++:
PICTURE

Source: Control Panel->Programs and Features

Also my .NET Framework version is 4.5.1

PICTURE2

Source: Control Panel->Programs and Features

Message 6 of 14 (3,466 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Dang lol  edit your driver on video is up to date so beta driver? 

Message 7 of 14 (3,463 Views)

★★★ Novice

No i didnt update to beta? Should I?

Message 8 of 14 (3,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I am not sure it will help but worth a try. Have you ruled out other programs running when in BF4? Edit .. Turn off as much as you can one at a time and test BF4

Message 9 of 14 (3,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It's not just you, I have the same issue as do many others and the ones that arent complaining about it are proboly gaming at sub 40 FPS rates they arent notcing the drops as prevelant as others with screaming frame rates. Turn on your perf overlay and watch the CPU spike through the roof during a FPS drop. It's not just you, there is a 15+ page thread in battlelog and it was front page of the reddit sub yesterday. If you want to get the devs to notice a problem you have to cry on reddit about it; otherwise it's put on the back burner. It began with the july 8th patch, I think when they messed with mantle for the last patch they broke them both; DX too.  

Here's my perf overlay during a spike/frame rate drop

http://i.imgur.com/VazEJ5d.jpg

Heres the BL thread:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493995444463/

and heres the reddit thread where a developers has acknoledged the problem. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/2arazr/dice_please_fix_micro_freezing_appeared_after_...

Message 10 of 14 (3,446 Views)