[PC] DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

by mwc12000

Original Post

Re: Svar: [PC] DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_de

★★ Apprentice

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is just a problem with an update to the game since my drivers are installed fine my cards clock matches the specs on the manufacturers website and it still crashed in a clean boot and no other game has the problem but Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4. 

Message 11 of 18 (1,675 Views)

Re: [PC] DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_h

★★ Apprentice

I launched Battlefield 4 again the other day for the first time in a while and it still crashes unfortunately with the same error about 3 or 4 minutes into a game.    

Message 12 of 18 (1,572 Views)

Re: [PC] DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_h

Community Manager

@mwc12000 

Sorry to hear that it's still crashing on you with that error. Nvidia just released a new driver today to fix that specific error message in Apex Legends, hopefully that translates over to BF4 for you.  Can you include a DxDiag for us real quick so we can see what specs you have?

How to pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 13 of 18 (1,540 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Alright here it is.

Also the Nvidia update did not fix the crash.

Message 14 of 18 (1,519 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mwc12000  I see that you're on Windows 8.1. Do you have these installed? (Others had a similar issue in Apex regarding errors and this solution fixed it. I've seen others have success rolling back their GPU driver too on Windows 8.1)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/fix-r5apex-exe-win-8-1/m-p/7435727#M4449

Blueberry.png
Message 15 of 18 (1,498 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the reply. Both of those windows updates were already installed. During January of 2018 I did  switch my graphics card from a 970 to a 1080. I don't remember if I played  any BF4 between Jan 2018 and when it started crashing in April 2018, but I did test BF1 and I don't remember it crashing mid game, I still doubt that's the problem as Star Wars Battlefront 2 runs fine and I have had no crashes any of my other games (including Apex Legends). The only two games plagued with this crash are Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1. My copy of BF1 had always crashed with a virtual memory error (I made a post about it a while back https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/DirectX-Error-Virtual-Memory-PC/td-p/5861910) however it would only crash on loading screens up until i started getting these device hung errors in BF4 which now both games crash mid game.

Message 16 of 18 (1,489 Views)

Community Manager

@mwc12000 

Are you able to play the game in an older OS by running it in compatibility mode?

Blueberry.png
Message 17 of 18 (1,473 Views)

★★ Apprentice

After upgrading to Windows 10 I was able to play multiple matches of Battlefield 4 and 1 with no crashes at all. It seems my issue is finally resolved.

Message 18 of 18 (5,755 Views)