(PC) Battlefield 4 FPS Stutters

by Deadbe4ustart

Original Post

(PC) Battlefield 4 FPS Stutters

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

On pc i am having ocasional fps drops, i get that some maps are more intesive on gpu's then others but this is not my problem i assure you. Neither is ping. Lets start off with some specs so you can get a reference what i am running.

GPU: Radeon R7 265

CPU: A10 7850k

Motherboard: Asus a88x pro

RAM: 8 gigs

The game suggested that i run battlefield 4 on high preset, which ran fine at 1080p at 60fps steady for a good while. Now it will barley run the game on medium to low settings sometimes. I had taken advice of other players of just reinstalling the game, i have done so 3 times now as the problem keeps coming back a few weeks after the install. It is extremly frustrating and time consuming. I even went as far as reinstalling the entire OS as this is a relitvley new built PC and there wasnt anything really on it. I have attempted multiple fixes found from youtube none of which were totally sucsessful. All my drivers are up to date. I have monitored my processes seeing if there was something eating up RAM while mozilla ate up a little chunk i have stopped using that browser and even then it barely used 2 to 3 gigs of RAM total. It is not the hardware malfuctioning either as every other game runs smooth.

I am completely baffled and have all but given up on this game becuase i have no idea what else to try. 

Please if you have any idea what to do please help. Thank you.

Message 1 of 2 (281 Views)

Re: (PC) Battlefield 4 FPS Stutters

There are a couple of things that may help:

1.  For AMD GPU users disable Catalyst from loading at bootup via MSCONFIG.  This was a solution posted on the official AMD forums and seems to help some people.

2.  Disable origin in game as it's causes lag problems. To turn off Origin in game log into Origin, in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings".  Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.

3.  If you have the Raptr game tracking program running kill the process before playing BF4, this solved my random FPS drops even on Dragon's Teeth maps.

4.  If you are using MSI afterburner or Razer Cortex turn it off as some users report that it isn't playing well with BF4.

5.  For Win8 users try running BF4 in Win7 compatibility mode.  Right click on bf4.exe, select "Properties", then "Compatibility" and then choose run as Win7.

6. Better Battlelog also causes performance issues so try disabling it and see if that helps if you are running it.

7. Some AMD users report that if they disable Mantle and choose to run via Direct X 11 their problem goes away.  If you're using Mantle please try Direct X.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 2 (270 Views)