PC:BF4 "Error Game disconnected: could not join server."

by Lizardllluminati

Original Post

Re: PC:BF4 "Error Game disconnected: could not join server."

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue going on today. I just did right click on the game in origin, repair installation, and it works just fine ! Standard smile Hope this helps

Message 21 of 125 (5,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get this problem and cannot join the following server: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.24:20350/

Message 22 of 125 (5,823 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same Issue, "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'lulzbeef' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe" really anoying and I'm going to flip s*** if this dose not get fixed.. all I want to do Is play a game of rush!

Message 23 of 125 (5,450 Views)

Bf4 stuck at "connecting" when joining a server (PC)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Whenever i try to join a server on battlelog it gets stuck at "Connecting" and then shows an error message saying: "Game disconnected: could not join server."

So far i have tried the following:

-Sign out and back in

-Reinstall Battlefield 4

-Reinstall Origin

-Reinstall the battlelog plugin and punkbuster

-Using a diffrent browser

-Allowing Battlefield 4 and punkbuster in my firewall

Worked fine just a couple of days ago but now i can't join any server. Campaign works fine though :/

Message 24 of 125 (3,363 Views)

Error: Game disconnected: Could not join server <-- EVERY SECOND TIME

★★★ Novice
I am really sick of this! I start my pc, start playing on a multiplayer server, have fun and so on....then I take a break and quit the game. When I start Battlefield up again and try to join a server, I get the "Error: Game disconnected: Could not join server message" What I have tried after reading about it on the help desk thingy is to open ...\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\redist and repair the x64 and x86 files, which used to work. What also works is restarting my computer. But seriously, this is NOT how a game is suposed to work, especially, when I pay THIS MUCH MONEY FOR IT Further information: when leaving the game, I always also quit origin, as not quitting it has caused problems with other origin games in the past. So when I want to play again after a break, I restart origin and battlefield.
Message 25 of 125 (3,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is not the same issue however. Your error message tells you that your punkbuster is not working. I get the exact same thing if i uninstall punkbuster. We are talking about an error that gives you no reason for the failure.

Message 26 of 125 (5,265 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have this problem with getting disconnected from every server. I tried uninstalling punkbuster from bf4, but then i got a different error (the same as the person above). I tried reinstalling via punkbuster.com and it still gave me that error. What i thought was weird was that when you add BF4 to PB, it puts PB in the BF4 folder, but when i uninstalled it, it was in a subfolder called _installer>punkbuster>redist. I installed to this folder, and it removes the error message, but i still get the error, disconnected from server. This leads me to think it isn't a punkbuster error at all or atleast one that is fixed by reinstalling it. This error started randomly one day. I didn't update or change anything. BF4 is up to date and so is punkbuster. 

Message 27 of 125 (4,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had this problem too when i uninstalled PB and reinstalled it from the punkbuster website. Go into your main BF4 folder. You should see pbsvc. Drag that into the _installer>punkbuster>redist. This is where PB should be. You will no longer get the punkbuster error message like you said.

Edit: Tried the smart portforwarding thing and it didn't work. Here is the link anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uPdM3MkL80

Message 28 of 125 (4,914 Views)

★★ Novice

Just got off chat with EA (completely asinine) and my advisor's solution was to reinstall the game... That doesn't make any sense since it is a connection error. But here is the chat log:

Dhruv Hello
Dhruv How are you today?
you good thank you
Dhruv That is great.
you Everytime i try to join a server, i get "Error disconnected from server"
you I looked up this issue and it appears many people have this problem, yet no one has a solution
Dhruv Okay, no worries. I'll surely help you out with the case.
you I have tried reinstalling punkbuster, port forwarding, pretty much everything
Dhruv Okay, can I please know if you have tried disabling the antivirus ?
you I dont have any antivirus program. This problem randomly started happening yesterday in the middle of the day. I didn't update or install anything.
Dhruv I want to inform you that there was a server maintenance going on yesterday and that is why you were facing the issue.
Dhruv Could you please repair the game and then let me know if the issue gets resolved?
you Already tried that and it says there were no corrupt or broken files
Dhruv May I know if you have power cycle the modem in order to reset your connection settings?
you I have unplugged plugged in the modem several times if that is what you mean
Dhruv Exactly
you Doesn't do anything. My internet and all other games are working fine.
Dhruv Can I please know if you are facing issue in multiplayer mode or the campaign mode?
you multiplayer. I havent tried campaign but test range works fine
Dhruv Okay, could you please re-install the game to get your issue resolved?
you ...
you Spent $60 on a game that is supposed to work. I don't see how reinstalling it is going to fix a connection problem.
Dhruv Re-installing the game will get all the corrupt data deleted and will restore the missing files if any in the game.
you But wont the repair option fix that?
Dhruv Repair option fix it to some extent but complete uninstall will get it successfully done.
you then why is there a repair option?
Dhruv Repair option is an easy and the simple way and get the small files repaired but complete uninstall will get the game fully repaired.
Dhruv I assure you that re-installing the game will surely get your game worked.
you Ok well i will wait until someone has a real solution. Thank you for your support.

Message 29 of 125 (4,891 Views)

★★ Novice

Today I've been getting the error for almost every server I joined. No specific servers are affected, it seems to appear randomly (but often), sometimes I can't join one server because of the error but if I try later on the same server it's wroking again. I am so absolutely furious about this.

Message 30 of 125 (4,864 Views)