PC:BF4 "Error Game disconnected: could not join server."

by Lizardllluminati

Original Post

Re: PC:BF4 "Error Game disconnected: could not join server."

★★★ Newbie

The game is broken. Get your money back. Or put up with errors and glitches and lagging and stuttering and every other bug under the sun. THANKS EA. YOUR RELEASED A FAULTY GAME!

Message 11 of 125 (10,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Got the exact same problem here. Seems to be only after the most recent patch(es). I did take a break from playing for about a week, now I can't even join a game because of this error AND I'm getting the infamous DX11 error as well... Sighhhhhhhhhhh.... Everything was fine before!
Message 12 of 125 (10,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ya isnt this an ea site,where is the admin...?

Message 13 of 125 (9,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Bump - Happens to me as well.

1. Punkbuster update didn't help

2. Downloading and setting up the sometimes mentioned "Smart Port Forwarding" tool didn't help.

3. Updated ATI drivers just in case - not helping (also still getting that stupid "outdated driver" with a version far older than mine EVERY. TIME...)

Bump this until it's answered!

EDIT: I contacted support via live chat, here's some of the transcript (tl;dr - Waiting for "Expert Team" - That was 2 days ago):

you: Every server I join, after some minutes of playing, the game exits back to Battlelog,
you: and I get this error in red: ERROR Could not join server Soccer ball
you: EVERY time.
Pradeep: I apologize for the trouble. I assure you my support.
you: All my progress in the game is lost.
you: Good.
Pradeep: Thank you for the information.
Pradeep: Would you mind holding for a couple of minutes while I fetch the relevant information?
you: Of course.
you: Take all the time you need, but please solve this with me.
Pradeep: Make sure that you've installed latest version of Punkbuster.
you: I have. I followed these steps:
you: Ran the pbsvc file, uninstalled from there,
you: erased everything under the PB folder in game installation folder,
you: re-installed PB,
you: added Battlefield 4 game,
you: updated it.
Pradeep: Good ...!
Pradeep: I really appreciate your patience and co-operation.
you: Sure.
Pradeep: Please stay connected, I am working on your issue.
you: I am staying connected. Take your time.
Pradeep: Thank you ....
Pradeep: Apparently, we have tried all the possible fixes that should have fixed the issue. As it turns out none of the steps have resolved the issue so far and it seems that this case would need the intervention of the Expert Team. To get you an effective solution without any delay, I'm forwarding your case to the Expert Team.
Pradeep: Once the team will review your case. You will receive a notification via email from our expert team.
Pradeep: They will contact you on
Pradeep: Is that okay with you?
you: Very well.
Pradeep: I sincerely apologize for not being able to provide immediate solution.
Pradeep: I know that going through this rigmarole can get on your nerves but I must say that you’ve been very patient all this while. I am going to issue a 15% discount coupon to express my admiration. You would receive the code via Email after this chat concludes.
you: That's ok Pradeep.
Pradeep: Thank you ...!
Pradeep: Is there anything else may I help you with?
you: How long before they contact me, do you know?
Pradeep: Committing any time frame is a little difficult at the moment. What you can be assured of is that this issue has been taken as a priority and we should be able to sort it out for you soon.
you: Good enough.
Pradeep: I am adding top priority to your case.
you: Thank you.
Pradeep: If we are done with everything, You may feel free to end chat by clicking on end chat button instead of closing the window.
Pradeep: I assure you their support.
you: I am assured.

Message 14 of 125 (9,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

LOL, same issue here. It's a mystery....

Message 15 of 125 (9,404 Views)

★ Novice
I have had this same issue from the day I bought the game. Reinstalling Punk Buster does nothing at all. Funny how no Admins have even responded to this thread. What kind of logic is that? "Yes, let's do our best to fix issues that have a very small effect on the game, but let's completely ignore issues that make the game completely unplayable". What a waste of money. Better off playing BF3...
Message 16 of 125 (9,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I did the port forwarding fix and it fixed my issue. Make sure that you follow the steps correctly. Standard smile

Message 17 of 125 (9,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where is this port forwarding fix?

Message 18 of 125 (8,968 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried the Punkbuster stuff, I've tried port forwarding. I have no **bleep**ing clue why I'm even trying anymore. How broken is this **bleep** product?

Message 19 of 125 (8,959 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

From what I can tell this happens when you try to join a round in progress. Once the round has ended and the server loads a round, I can join the server. Obviously all the "solutions" posted do not help.

Message 20 of 125 (8,787 Views)