PC BF4 LOST CONNECTION TO SESSION..

by Saumbo

Original Post

Re: PC BF4 LOST CONNECTION TO SESSION..

★★★ Newbie
I'm playing on PC and already have tried the troubleshooting without success. This is the retail version of the game. Funny thing is that I used to play with no problems a week ago
Message 11 of 73 (15,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

BUMP. what is happening?!

I am on a wired connection but still.

Message 12 of 73 (15,701 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. But only with one server, and it is the ONLY server that i like and play oin constantly.

So i tried joining from Battlelog , and this is the error that i got : Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open

I tried lots of things to fix it. I really want it to be some problem from origin or something else. I want to play on my favourite server :\

Message 13 of 73 (15,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm considering purchasing 2 copies of BF4 so I decided to go with a trial version first and demo the game.

This was happening on 2x Windows 10 Desktop PC's very badly, with only 1 running, it wasn't as bad, I Enabled QoS on my router and it seemed to have solved a big part of it, however, it still occurs on the 2nd PC all the time.

As a result, I went to a CMD prompt and typed IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS, I then proceeded to run CCleaner, and finally, in a Windows Search I Typed %temp% and deleted all information in the folder before restarting the PC.

The 2nd PC was then able to join the same server as the 1st PC and play for approx an hour, after some libations, the 2nd PC persisted again with the error but only on FULL or CLOSE TO FULL servers. Empty servers connected fine and I could run the map as long as I wanted to without the error occuring. 

I again followed the above steps with no resolution. As a result I did further investigating and found a guide related to this issue, I then followed THIS GUIDE exactly, and still, the problem persists.

Should I save my money? As EA simply seems either incapable or unwilling to solve these problems, and I do feel as though I should'nt spend money on a deffective product or more hours fixing / troubleshooting connection issues before i purchase a product that clearly has serious connection deficiencies.

I post this in the hope it helps those that own the product troubleshoot some of the issues facing them during the daunting task of connection troubleshooting.

Also as shots fired at EA in the hope they realilize the product being marketed to the end user should not require the user to be a Troubleshooting Guru in order to make use of the product being purchased in Good Faith.

Message 14 of 73 (15,680 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm on PC as well and have the same issue with BF4 and BF1. Can't join any match for the first try. I have to try to join several times, in some cases I can joi in after a few tryes but sometimes I have to try more than 10-20 times to join in. Sometimes if I alt-tab the game, can help, but this is random. sadly :/

Strangely enough I don't have this issue in BF3.

Message 15 of 73 (15,623 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @oneStormyTrooper 

I am really sorry for those connection troubles in Battlefield 4. Have you checked the troubleshooting steps, I`ve suggested in my previous posts? Opened corresponding TCP ports? Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 16 of 73 (15,566 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue and it's only on Operation Locker, I've verified all my files and everything is there a fix for this yet?
Message 17 of 73 (15,517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too, I tried all the things still the game won't start. In my case, none of the operations starts. I hope they have some fix for this thing soon. 

Message 18 of 73 (15,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me, I disabled the cloud storage from the origin, restarted the laptop and router and it works. Best of luck guys.

Message 19 of 73 (15,475 Views)

★★★ Novice

All right, to me 10 out of 10 works that, when I start the game and in the main menu I go to the multiplayer - servers/ favorites - > join a game than it'll say: "You have lost the connection to the session". Than go back to maine menu ( home), than go back to severs and than I can join to every server. This works to me every time when I was in a match or just started the game.

I hope this can help you guys to find a solution.

Message 20 of 73 (15,417 Views)