PC: BF4 Campaign Crashes and Problems

by stillsleek

Original Post

Re: PC: BF4 Campaign Crashes and Problems

★★ Novice

ramasix

Give us your rig specs please.  Logical thinking is that if it works with BF4 Beta then it should work with regular BF4.

1). Are you sure the chip set on your GPU is up to date?

2). Do you get a GPU version update msg when you try to enter a game?  If so, then attach a pic.

Message 21 of 42 (1,424 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having troubles with the game crashing on Tashgar when you are in the AA and have to enter the park through the arch. The game freezes - tried about 7 times now - in the exact same point that i reach and then crashes my comuter for a good five mins afterwards. On a side note my multiplayer is still reeeeally laggy/stuttering/slow when I scope in and just generally running around. (any clues or is it still a matter of waiting for drivers and patches to sync up?). And yes i've tried repairing the game. 

Specs:

AMD FX-8120 8 core

8GB Ram

gigabyte ga-970a-ds3

gigabyte gtx 760 (latest drivers)

750w ps

Message 22 of 42 (1,395 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same exact Tashgar problem on my Xbox One. It crashes once you progress a little bit on the dam, and when you try to reload the stage, it crashes during the loading cutscene.

Also, the first time this happened to me, I came back a few days later and found that my campaign progress had been deleted. I'm having the same issue now, and am praying to God that I don't get my progress wiped again.

Message 23 of 42 (1,386 Views)

★★ Novice

aasta91, your rig is plenty sufficient for BF4.  When it crashes are you getting the CPU error? And do you get the GPU version error at the beginning which is telling you to update your GPU to 13.1, do you want to proceed?  If you are getting that error then your GPU driver version will cause crashing and freezing. Also have you updated your BIOS?

Message 24 of 42 (1,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Not getting any warnings at all, the game just freezes then after about five mins i can tab out/task manager and it just says bf4 stopped working. 

Updating BIOS has made the frame rate issue a lot better, now getting around 50-60 but still getting occassional drops when it gets hectic. Since updating bios though the game crashes a LOT more. usually loading the level or mid round it just stops and says it's stopped responding. 

Message 25 of 42 (1,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I believe this seems to be trendy as I have seen several other people with this issue - 

Tashgar, just got onto the dam and it crashed.  Now, everytime realoading at the cutscene after the question is asked about tombstone it just crashes out.

Intel i7-4770k

EVGA Z87FTW

EVGA GTX 780Ti SC

240GB SSD Raid 0

16GB Patriot Intel Xtreme Masters

Win 8.1 Pro

Newest WHQL and Beta both fail.

I'm going to be irate if I can't finish the campaign after getting BF4 and the Premium...

Message 26 of 42 (1,326 Views)

★★ Novice

aasta91, Another thing I did was to delete BF4 and ran a Cclean on the registry and then reloaded BF4 again.

Message 27 of 42 (1,310 Views)

★★ Novice

cor3speed, I used to crash also at the exact location you mentioned. Another thing I did was to delete BF4 and ran a Cclean on the registry and then reloaded BF4 again.

Message 28 of 42 (1,309 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Storm,

i didn't any messages to update the driver. 

Between the Beta BF4 and the final version, Nvidia updated once the driver and Nvidia Experience. First, the problem occured at non-updated driver, so I installed the new version.

This is my specs:

Windows 8.1 pro 64bit

16gb RAM (Kingston HyperX)

Gigabyte B75

Intel i5 2500k

HD 640gb - WD Caviar 64mb cache

HD 250gb Maxtor

Nvidia 650ti boost - 2gb RAM EVGA

(OS: Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit

Versão do DirectX: 11.0
Processador da GPU: GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
Versão do driver: 331.82
Versão da API Direct3D: 11.1
Nível de recursos do Direct3D: 11_0
Cores CUDA: 768
Clock do núcleo: 1071 MHz
Taxa de dados da memória: 6008 MHz
Interface da memória: 192bits
Largura de banda da memória: 144.19 GB/s
Memória total de gráficos disponível: 4096 MB
Memória de vídeo dedicada: 2048 MB GDDR5
Memória de vídeo dedicada: 0 MB
Memória compartilhada do sistema: 2048 MB
Versão BIOS do vídeo: 80.06.59.00.50
IRQ: 16
Barramento: PCI Express x16 Gen2)

Message 29 of 42 (1,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Define 'delete' bf4 - like, uninstall, or actually just delete?

I was trying to avoid that type of action cause no one should have to and I kinda wanted to see if the issue was found.

Message 30 of 42 (1,264 Views)