Re: PC: BF4 Campaign Crashes and Problems

by njmarkham

Original Post

PC: BF4 Campaign Crashes and Problems

★ Novice

DICE,

Here are my current BF4 Campaign Crashes and Problems (on PC)

PROBLEM

1. While loading BF4 Campaign Mission 6 (Tashgar), BF4 will suddenly crash right after the "Soldier" responds to "Garrison's" initial question regarding "Tombstone". I have tried to load the mission approximately 5 times, and each time it does the same thing at the exact same time. While progressing through the campaign in one setting, I was able to play Mission 6, however the game crashed halfway through it. All attempts to load it after that initial load have failed. I did not try all of the others, but I just loaded and played Mission 1 with no problems.

2. When attempting to use the binoculars that Dunn gives you, the HUD as if looking through them does not appear. When the transition animation is complete, I am left with a white dot in the middle of my screen, a tooltip that says "Zoom", and the original HUD regarding my life, etc. I also can not spot using them. When I press MOUSE 1, there is a beep, I think the ammo goes to 0, but nothing happens.

PC SPECS

Windows 8.0
Intel i7, Quad Core
8GB System Ram
NVIDIA GTX 680, 2GB Ram
w/ Latest drivers; 1 Display @ 1920x1080

Message 1 of 42 (15,174 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine wouldn't load the campaign at all the first time... then it crashed at the start when your mate surprises you behind the door.

Crash info (from event log):

Faulting application name: bf4.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x526b9042
Faulting module name: bf4.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x526b9042
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000b3fa85
Faulting process id: 0x1680
Faulting application start time: 0x01cedcf2bd951ff2
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Report Id: 6a797c5a-48e7-11e3-9d0b-005056c00008

... Windows 7 64-bit, i72600K, GTX 570. All settgins on low. Latest drivers.

Message 2 of 42 (14,995 Views)

★ Novice

I haven't been able to play at all. I get ERROR, could not communicate with BF4. Tells me to go to task manager to close...

Message 3 of 42 (14,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also having Problem 1!
Could play until standing on the Damm, died, since then Game crashes.

PC Specs:
Windows 7
Intel i7 2600K
16GM RAM
NVIDIA GTX770, 4GB RAM
R331 Driver

Message 4 of 42 (14,771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seems to be ppl with 16gb ram, try taking 8gb out, only tried for 30mins or so but no crashes now for me.... Spread the word if it is that as there seems to be lots of other ppl with crashing issues.....

Message 5 of 42 (14,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

nah ive got 8gb ram still the same issue 

Message 6 of 42 (13,412 Views)

★★★ Novice

I crash at the same point as the OP, tried reloading multiple times, still happens. 

MSI GD-65
2500k Intel SB cpu OC'd to 4.3GHz 
16GB Corsair Dominator
128GB Crucial M4 SSD 
2TB WD Black Edition HD 

EVGA 780GTX OC Edition

Acer GD235HZ 23.6" 120hz monitor 
Lite-On DVD Lightscribe burner 
Corsair AX1200 PSU 
Corsair H60 HSF unit 
Windows 7 Home Premium

Message 7 of 42 (13,183 Views)

★ Novice

After the latest patch stilll crashing like a taxi driver... But now that you mention it most of my problems started when I added memory to 16GB.

Thanks will try this.

Message 8 of 42 (12,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got into the Tashgar mission for one time, but i had to restart the mission because when i was spotting enemy with my binos i spotted one enemy glitching outside of the map, he was walking down a mountain that wasnt part of the map, then he somehow came into the big thing that keeps the water on the other side ( cant remember the english word atm and im too lazy to use translator), and after that he jumped down again, then i saw how he felt under the map and keep falling down, the mission had to restart because i had to kill all  the enemies but i couldnt because that one enemy was glitching. after i restarted it crashed just where the video ends.

Message 9 of 42 (12,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me. I was on the dam, I couldn't progress as one enemy had glitched under the map just as someone else said. So I restarted from checkpoint, black screen freeze, game crashed, now it crashes at the end of the loading video as others here have said. *sighs*

Message 10 of 42 (11,970 Views)