Origin asking me to buy BF 4 again

by AlexanderSkinner

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin asking me to buy BF 4 again

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

So I had bought BF4 some years ago, the standard edition, and in Origin it says that I own the standard edition. 

At some point I had Origin Access (now knows as EA Play I believe), and I played BF 4 premium, since it was included (again, emphasizing that I was owning the standard edition as well). 

Now whenever I go to my library, I don't have it there at all, and when going to the game store page, it says I own the standard edition yet it asks me to buy it again for $4.99. 

LATER EDIT: I reinstalled Origin and apparently I found the CD Key that I used when I bought BF4 (got the key from a local retailer and still have the proof of purchase and the original cd key) yet it doesn't show in my purchase history on my EA Account. It does however show all of the DLC which was actually free at the time, so I'm sure this is the right account I had it on (also Origin shows that I've played 250+ hours of BF4). 

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4 (449 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin asking me to buy BF 4 again

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you @EA_Aljo 

I was able to contact EA Help and Axel was very fast and professional in his resolution. Everything has been sorted out. 

Have a great day!

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (432 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @AlexanderSkinner.

Are you sure you're logging into the right account? It might be good to contact an advisor to have them check your code and see if they find out which account it was used on. To do that, try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 4 (437 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you @EA_Aljo 

I was able to contact EA Help and Axel was very fast and professional in his resolution. Everything has been sorted out. 

Have a great day!

Message 3 of 4 (433 Views)

Community Manager

@AlexanderSkinner 

Great! Glad to hear it. If anything else comes up, let us know. Good luck and have fun Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 4 (425 Views)