Re: Origin Account Hacked and Security Question Changed To Russian

by EA_Valgard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Account Hacked and Security Question Changed To Russian

★★ Novice

My Origins Account Was Hacked Email and Password Was Changed and The Security Question Was Aswell All Changed to Russian How Do I Undo This!

Message 1 of 13 (20,676 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @xDrWoody, - and thanks to @ZYMFULL for helping out! - 

I know how awful the feeling is, when somebody stole your account. I once discovered that somebody hacked my account for an online games I was playing. 
But, and that's the important point: I'm here and I got you covered! : D 

Please have a look at this link: -> Click me! <-

If you need additional information on how to keep your account safe online, take a look here. -> Click me! <-

Please, if there are any questions left or anything else you need, tag me with @EA_Valgard! =) 

Cheers, 
Val

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey...hey Du! Ja...genau Du!
Ich beantworte keine PN's mit bitte um Support.
Bitte stelle Deine Frage im richtigen Board und tag mich mit @EA_Valgard!
Danke!

Außerdem: Spielverderber kann jeder, also sei so fair und gib XP für gute Beiträge! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey...hey you! Yeah...you!
I don't answer PM's with Support Requests.
Please ask your question in the correct board and tag me with @EA_Valgard. Thanks!

Furthermore: Play hard, play fair and grant XP for good posts!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (27,841 Views)

All Replies

You'll need to contact EA Support regarding this matter.

EA Support: http://help.ea.com/en/

Message 2 of 13 (20,619 Views)

★★ Novice

Same exact thing happened to me today. I wonder how many and how they did it. I was sent a notification email by EA saying my email had changed, it had a link to revert back to my email. I was then able to click forgot password at login, and it sent a reset password link to my email that I had reverted back. I was able to change my password with that link, even though everything was in Russian (just make sure both fields are your new password with all the requirements). However, he had changed the security question, along with ID and every other thing. So I filed a Hacked Account case with EA, they called me within minutes, and the guy changed what I needed in no time. Just be at your computer with your email up. Here is the link to file a case:

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&category=manage-my-account&issue=hacked-account

Message 3 of 13 (20,603 Views)

Hey @xDrWoody, - and thanks to @ZYMFULL for helping out! - 

I know how awful the feeling is, when somebody stole your account. I once discovered that somebody hacked my account for an online games I was playing. 
But, and that's the important point: I'm here and I got you covered! : D 

Please have a look at this link: -> Click me! <-

If you need additional information on how to keep your account safe online, take a look here. -> Click me! <-

Please, if there are any questions left or anything else you need, tag me with @EA_Valgard! =) 

Cheers, 
Val

Hey...hey Du! Ja...genau Du!
Ich beantworte keine PN's mit bitte um Support.
Bitte stelle Deine Frage im richtigen Board und tag mich mit @EA_Valgard!
Danke!

Außerdem: Spielverderber kann jeder, also sei so fair und gib XP für gute Beiträge! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey...hey you! Yeah...you!
I don't answer PM's with Support Requests.
Please ask your question in the correct board and tag me with @EA_Valgard. Thanks!

Furthermore: Play hard, play fair and grant XP for good posts!
Message 4 of 13 (27,842 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem too, but I can't use the call feature as I live in Australia...

Message 5 of 13 (19,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so I had a credit card attached to my account and I had the same problem.  Sound like it affected a lot of people so I'm worried they had access to read my credit card info in plain text.  Can someone from EA please reply with a reason for these russian hacks and should people with credit cards attached to their accounts secure them?

Message 6 of 13 (16,796 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! I have the same issue: e-mail about suspicious activity on my account, with a password reset link, and a new security question in russian. I live in Romania, so the only available contact option, "Call me now", is out of reach. Also, I can't find another way of contacting EA support: no e-mail, nothing. Please advise. I am getting pretty worried here.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 13 (15,809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Also received an email that a password reset was requested, and it shows that they opened my email and clicked the link.  I've changed passwords to both my email and EA account.  I've not used Origin in a very long time, so I don't have an active credit card on file, but my personal information has been compromised...  I'm going to just delete my account, since I don't use it anyway.  You've got a pest problem, it would be wise to fix it.

*Edit

Or not.  Guess I'll just change my personal info to a bunch of bogus names and numbers...

Message 8 of 13 (15,789 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Valgard but how do I even reset my security question when my security question has been changed by the person who hacked my account? Thus your solution is invalid at this point.
I can't exactly reset anything when the security question RESTRICTS editing any information.
Message 9 of 13 (15,049 Views)

Hello @xaaander 

On all matters, concerning hacked accounts it best to contact EA Advisors right away. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Alternatively you can use this direct phone number +44203 014 1818. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 10 of 13 (15,030 Views)