Nvidia drivers 320.49 vs 331.65

by ThaFuRiouSOne

Original Post

Nvidia drivers 320.49 vs 331.65

★★★ Novice

Running 320.49: I get the graphical errors on some maps where patches of ground show up in different colors off in the distance but game is still very playable.

Running 331.65: The graphical error colored ground patches are fixed BUT i get MAJOR sound stutters while playing making the game very unplayable.

So what's the deal? Why is the latest recommended drivers make the game unplayable? Also why on earth would sound interfere with it? When running 320.49 I get ZERO stutter issues with sound or movements but with 331.65 going into major firefight battles I can barely move due to major FPS drops when certain sounds go off such as explosions and in game announcement coms and sometimes my own voice in game when I get shot?

Switching back to the 320.49 drivers as I can live with the graphical errors more then I can live with MAJOR FPS drops... Back in beta I tried multiple drivers and the 320.49 was the ONLY driver that played the game perfectly, note I said "played", graphics and other bugs were still present but the game was playable and it seems the 320.49 drivers are still the best suited drivers for a "playable" experience so remove the popup recommendation for drivers when launching the game as apparently IT IS WRONG.

Additional info:

Game running in 32 bit mod due to 64 bit being way to unstable

Nvidia EVGA 660ti FTW 3GB video

AMD FX 6350 CPU

8GB 1600 RAM

Game runs off an SSD Samsung 840 drive

Message 1 of 3 (434 Views)

Re: Nvidia drivers 320.49 vs 331.65

Community Manager

This may actually be a sound driver issue.

Be sure your video drivers and particularly your audio drivers are up-to-date.
Update motherboard firmware if you are using on-board sound.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (416 Views)

Re: Nvidia drivers 320.49 vs 331.65

★★★ Novice

@eabarry wrote:

This may actually be a sound driver issue.

Be sure your video drivers and particularly your audio drivers are up-to-date.
Update motherboard firmware if you are using on-board sound.

I have done everything. BIOS updated, on board sound drivers updated, used 320.49 all the way to 331.93 beta video drivers, run the game in 32bit and 64bit mode, unparked CPU cores, updated directx installed the included C++ , updated punkbuster and even deleted and reinstalled the game. I have even overclocked my CPU to run at 4.2GHz using the ASUS turbo mode in the BIOS.

I am currently using the latest 331.93 beta drivers and 32bit mode but the stutter is still there, only reason I am using the beta drivers is I am sick of the driver notification pop up they put on the game launch which if you afk while sitting in queue and miss the notification you are disconnected from joining the game.

If I switch back to 320.49 video driver the game plays very smooth with very little to no sound stutter (it is still there, just hardly noticeable) BUT I have to deal with the glitched textures in some maps and the annoying driver notification popup before the game can launch...

Something is seriously wrong with the sound coding as this has happened back when BF3 came out but was fixed 3-4 months later and yes BF3 plays perfectly on ultra for me now. BF4 plays decently but the sound stuttering is driving a lot of people crazy and needs to be fixed much sooner then it was fixed in BF3.

The devs need to pay closer attention to the community and different systems as they clearly haven't optimized the game for all system specs.

Case: COOLER MASTER Storm Scout 
CPU: AMD FX-6350 Vishera 3.9GHz
Heatsink/Fan: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
MOBO: ASUS M5A97 2.0 970G  
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 
GPU: EVGA 03G-P4-3668-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW+ 3GB  
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 650W GOLD 
SSD: Samsung 840 250GB (BF4 running on this drive)
HDD: 2x WD Black 1TB 7200RPM SATA3 
Monitor: Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD

Message 3 of 3 (286 Views)