Not being able to change map rotations on rented servers Bf4 xbox 360

by a_dedder_mem

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not being able to change map rotations on rented servers Bf4 xbox 360

★★★ Novice

Like a month ago I rented a server to unlock the phantom Bow. Few weeks ago I extended the time for one day since I wanted to maybe get some dlc maps going but wasn't able to change the map rotation or any settings. Because of this I rented a new server for one day and couldn't even make it go public because of the same error. Could someone please explain what's the issue since I don't like spending money for no reason. 

Message 1 of 6 (617 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Not being able to change map rotations on rented servers Bf4 xbox 360

★★★★★ Expert

@a_dedder_mem wrote:

Like a month ago I rented a server to unlock the phantom Bow. Few weeks ago I extended the time for one day since I wanted to maybe get some dlc maps going but wasn't able to change the map rotation or any settings. Because of this I rented a new server for one day and couldn't even make it go public because of the same error. Could someone please explain what's the issue since I don't like spending money for no reason. 

Hi @a_dedder_mem ,

Yes very very annoying bug in the BF4 server admin part of the client software there!

When going into the server admin menu, the temporary files and data are read and stored on your console/PC. EA left unfortunately many bugs behind in the Server Admin part of the code, so snippets of corrupted data will be left scattered across these data files. Also reason why when changing anything inside the admin menus, strong advice is only to change one setting at a time, save and exit, for each one.  If you still end up in a corrupted state, way to resolve is typically by clearing the BF4 game memory cache on your console/PC.  If this doesnt solve your situation, then next step is to delete your locally saved game data. Depending on your platform, the steps to do this are slightly different.  But this is what typically have helped me get through that error situation when managing my servers.

Best of luck with it, as it's a minefield of very annoying bugs...

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (539 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@a_dedder_mem now there is a glitch where if you have 20 people in the ban list it bugs the server so if you removed them then it will work
Message 2 of 6 (598 Views)

★★ Expert
@a_dedder_mem Its also happening on xbox 1 servers as well.
Message 3 of 6 (592 Views)

★★★ Novice

Rented it for a day back then. I don't have any people on the ban list and as I said above also had the issue with a completely new server. 

Message 4 of 6 (561 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@a_dedder_mem wrote:

Hi @a_dedder_mem ,

Yes very very annoying bug in the BF4 server admin part of the client software there!

When going into the server admin menu, the temporary files and data are read and stored on your console/PC. EA left unfortunately many bugs behind in the Server Admin part of the code, so snippets of corrupted data will be left scattered across these data files. Also reason why when changing anything inside the admin menus, strong advice is only to change one setting at a time, save and exit, for each one.  If you still end up in a corrupted state, way to resolve is typically by clearing the BF4 game memory cache on your console/PC.  If this doesnt solve your situation, then next step is to delete your locally saved game data. Depending on your platform, the steps to do this are slightly different.  But this is what typically have helped me get through that error situation when managing my servers.

Best of luck with it, as it's a minefield of very annoying bugs...

Message 5 of 6 (540 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks. Was hoping for someone who could give somekind of idea how to fix it. 

Message 6 of 6 (517 Views)