Not all servers or rented server shown in server browser

by NPCtom

Original Post

Re: Not all servers or rented server shown in server browser

★★★★★ Expert

Thank you @EA_Blueberry ,

My Origine ID is "CyberDyme", and I am on the PS4 platform.

I rent BF4 servers and also co-admin on some.

Above I wrote in detail how you consistently can reproduce this error, so the triggers are confirmed that causes our rented servers to disappear from all users.

Both from the Server Search screen and also from their list of favorites.

Happy bug hunting in the code!

- CyberDyme

Message 21 of 114 (2,522 Views)

★ Guide

For an EA fan since 2003, this has to be one of my greatest aggravations to date.

Yesterday as I was enjoying some great competition on my own server, suddenly it crashed, "lost connection to session".

Now thank god I happened to be on because if I wasn't on at that moment,

the server would of never got started again and would of remained  EMPTY!

If I didn't happen to be on yesterday, it would of remained EMPTY because it disappeared from everyone's search list and FAVORITES!

TWO MONTHS NOW on the same BS!

If we wanted to buy BFV we would have, we don't like BFV we love BF4!!

We love present day war NOT past history wartime, or else I would be playing Age of Empires, I mean wtf?!?!?!?!

PLEASE RESOLVE THE ISSUE, if it becomes worse it will not make me buy more EA products, it will only deter me from me buying more EA products!

Message 22 of 114 (2,474 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry still no fix even after nearly a month?!?! Also no EA support member has contacted me regarding this even though I started the thread

Message 23 of 114 (2,361 Views)

Community Manager

@NPCtom 

I'll track down some info on this for you. Can you confirm you're still experiencing this?

Blueberry.png
Message 24 of 114 (2,334 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thabk you @EA_Blueberry.

I can still confirm the following:

• Rented server does not show in Battlelog or the server browser when empty
  • My PS4 ID id 'citi_enterprise'

Cheers mate for helping us.

Message 25 of 114 (2,329 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @EA_Blueberry ,

This bug is still active and creating total havoc on all of us running rented servers!

Clearly the EA folks do not fully comprehend the devastation this bug is causing.

It is horrendous.

Our regular players cannot join/start our servers, only server admins can do that.

And when that has happened, then other players cannot find our server in their server search screen or on their server favorites list screen.

The bug was introduced in the server software pack that was released by EA on January 24th.

Come on, it cannot be that hard to narrow down what bad code caused this.

And then either roll it back or deploy a hot fix to the server park !

Get moving Electronic Arts - We server owners are your core business foundation and supporters !!!

Message 26 of 114 (2,278 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

My intent is not to dog-pile here but rather to add to the conversation.  

I just wanted to note that i am also having the same/similar problems as described by others in this thread.

My rented server will not show on the server browser function on either my PS4 or Battlelog unless it is currently, or has very recently been, populated.  I noticed that changing the map rotation in the "manage server" page would momentarily allow the server to be seen in the server browser; However this would not last very long.  That length of time being approximately a minute.

I would like to add that i don't believe that the issue lies within my server browser filter settings and i will explain.  if the server has any population at all, 1+, it will show in the browser.  If the server was just recently populated or i had just changed the map rotation arbitrarily, population at this point 0, it will also be listed in the server browser.  However, if the population of the server has been at 0 for any length of time over a minute or so and not recently started by either myself or another admin then said server will not be listed in the server browser.

Owed to this, my friends and i have been finding it impossible to fill our server in the hour or so that we wish to play each night because other player would not see it until we start the server and populate it ourselves... hardcore conquest is no fun with peak concurrent users of the server being at most 15 or maybe 20 players.

That being said, i would like my rented server to be visible to other players at even a 0 population so that over time it may begin to fill; that way, when i wish to play it may actually be relatively full of players and fun to play.

I understand that this is not your fault and don't want what I've said to seem pointed at you because its not.  I would just like to know if there is anyway i can resolve this myself or know that its being looked into by EA with a rough estimate of when a fix may appear.

I would be more than happy to clarify on my statements or provide further details.

Thank you for your time

Message 27 of 114 (2,248 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would like to also add that my Origin ID is "DixonBauls" as i see that you requested this information from others.

Message 28 of 114 (2,240 Views)

★ Apprentice

Exactly what our issue is. Please @EA_Blueberry, over a month and no update to rectify this issue has been pushed for the PS4 problems.

Please contact the developers regarding this issue.

Message 29 of 114 (2,236 Views)

Community Manager

This is still being looked into and I'm afraid we do not have any updates to share around this right now. We'll make sure to keep you informed on the status of this issue and if you have any concerns around your rented server please do not hesitate to contact an EA Advisor so they can pull up your account.

Blueberry.png
Message 30 of 114 (2,212 Views)