Not all servers or rented server shown in server browser

by NPCtom

Original Post

Re: Not all servers or rented server shown in server browser

★ Apprentice

Hey @NZ-Roulette,

Citi_enterprise here Standard smile

That was my conclusion that you did have to have active players in your server. I think this is extremely disappointing on EA.

I believe that ALL rented servers specific t your region weather or not they have players should be listed in the server browser menu. After they have all filled up then DICE servers could be listed.

Please @EA_Atic fix this urgent issue.

Cheers,

NPCtom.

Message 11 of 114 (2,637 Views)

★ Apprentice
Next time ask for them to 'restart' your server. Quick and easy fix.
Message 12 of 114 (2,637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

OK @EA_Atic , the very same problem is back here today!   BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!

Again a mix of servers gone from search result list and also from my list of favorites.

This is devastating!!!

Especially as we have just closed down an old server and asked players to come to our new box instead.  And then they cant find it when searching even.  And as players cant find it, they cant join and our server box hangs there empty.

How can we get our money back please for those missing days because of this grave mishap the programmers have unleashed to production?

And when will you seriously roll back that "update" that has totally destroyed the ability for thousands of players to join their favorite servers?

I have around 16,000 players as favorites on mine and know @Chronic1Thunder have the same or even more on his.

I run a server community with 400+ of the most engaged players on our server.  The same messages there coming in in the hundreds from them confirming that this a grave error and that it hits everybody.  So this is not just for a few unlucky or 'un-educated' individuals out there.  This is due to a systemic error introduced by a grave software programming/server settings error in your latest release to the server park. 

Message 13 of 114 (2,630 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hear hear @NZ-Roulette , there is absolutely no reason to keep renting a server for BF4 if it cannot be seen by players in neither their search list of favorites list just because it may have reached an empty state.  If that is the case, then it would only be admins that actually can be the number 1 player to get in and make it visible then to all others, if what you write is truly the situation, that it is all empty servers that are gone from the list?  Or are they actually running empty because no new players can keep joining it, because it suddenly no longer is visible in search results or favorites?  

Must admit that I have not had chance yet to test cause and effect of this, if it is the one leading to the other or its simply just the other way around?  In any case, this bug is terrible, as no matter the root cause, the result remains the same:  EMPTY SERVERS WHERE NO NORMAL PLAYERS WITHOUT ADMIN RIGHTS CAN START THEM AGAIN.

What a blunder to launch such piece of s... to the production environment!

Message 14 of 114 (2,629 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @NPCtom , I just asked some of our admins to help out with specific testing today!

And you are absolutely correct!

If a rented server is running empty and no players left on it, then it is no longer visible anymore for anyone in the Server Search function,  Not even to the server owner or co-admins.  And the server has also disappeared from the Server Favorites list screen for all players, no matter who they are.

Only way to get it started again is for the owner or a co-admin to go into My Rented Servers area and use the command "Join" to enter into the server as player number one.  Immediately after this, then the server becomes visible for any other player who uses the Server Search function and it also becomes visible again on all player's My Server Favorites list, if they had it marked previously as a favorite.  

So all in all, this is a terrible 'dead-stop' bug that has been introduced here by the programmers to the BF4 server environment!

Server owners and co-admins cannot be online 24/7 to keep them open for gaming.

@EA_Atic can you please escalate this bug up to the highest level ASAP so we can get a hot-fix deployed to resolve it!?!

As it is very clearly described, and it is 100% reproducible any time you want, we know when the programmers launched the code segment causing it, it should be pretty quick to roll that segment back or otherwise patch it up!

Everyone here @NZ-Roulette , @Chronic1Thunder , @arrePi3 etc are all suffering from this.

Actually all global BF4 server owners are, but not all of them are yet aware the real cause behind their server going missing!

Heck, even the EA hotline support were not aware the two times I called them over past 2 weeks to fix my server box!  ;o)

Thank you to get this addressed ASAP!

Message 15 of 114 (2,579 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump for this being fixed. We can no longer see any of the servers we usually play which is extremely frustrating! Are EA/ aware of and fixing this massive issue? 

Message 16 of 114 (2,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Yeah @xxTIMBO81xx , it is pretty wild that EA lets such a massive server software bug hang so long without either rolling back their 24th January 'update' disaster or upload a hot-fix to solve this matter!
If you make a server search today with pretty open search parameters, you now only see 1/10th of the total servers that we used to have available here in Europe!

As server owner you need now every single day to reset your server to make it visible again for other players to join it.

It is a terrible 'home-goal' that the EA developers launched here to the live production environment !

(I definitely hope that it is actually not done intentionally by EA, so as to force the many of our regular BF4 players now to migrate onto BF1 or BFV ???)

Reason many of us have reverted back to BF4 is because we got disappointed by the game mechanics in those two newer versions and also because we do not appreciate the old historical themes.  We want more contemporary scenarios and weapon/vehicle choices! 

Message 17 of 114 (2,399 Views)

Community Manager

@xxTIMBO81xx  @CyberDyme 

This is being investigated. If you're affected by this can you provide us your Origin ID so we can pass the account information over to the dev team to aide them?

Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 114 (2,383 Views)

★★ Novice
Origin ID as in Xbox Live account ID?
Message 19 of 114 (2,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thank you for your assistance.

Do you have an ETA on tbis fix? This is extremely urgent for the PS4 BF4 community.

Message 20 of 114 (2,378 Views)