Re: Not all servers or rented server shown in server browser

by The_Witcher9898

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all,

An update on the the Rental Server program for which we've now ended in-game support.

It’s always a hard decision to end in-game support for one of our games. To provide in-game support we need to develop, upgrade, and maintain special tools over the life-cycle of a game. At a certain point, those tools are needed less and less often, either because the game teams have worked to eliminate the problem we needed the tools for, or because the playerbase for the game has dwindled. That’s when we look at ending in-game support. We will always help with game codes, account issues, and technical problems, but it makes more sense for us to develop new tools for our upcoming games than to continue to invest in offering full support for games that no longer need it.

Blueberry.png
Message 91 of 114 (12,491 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Hi.. 
I bought a server for bf4 from the website gameservers.. 
I was on gametracker and my server named: SEMTEX_98 is active.. but when I searched in server browser it wasn't there. 
I'm really mad. 

what should I do ? 

Message 92 of 114 (2,021 Views)

★★ Novice

We are at the end of October. I hired a server for a month. My server is always invisible.

What's the point of doing an update that only does damage?

You are cheating the players.

Message 93 of 114 (1,946 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@NZ-Roulette hi

I have a problem for two days

I am a tenant in server 2 game battlefield 4 , With this account

l_3skrem_l

One of the serverin is down

While other servers leased to other people it works

This problem I encountered previously, I have communicated with EA support and they have done a reload and succeeded

Now I send them two days ago and say that they can not solve the problem as well as they can not reload also like before

I hope to be responsive and not to ignore and solve my problem

Thanks

Message 94 of 114 (1,911 Views)

★★★ Novice
@l3skreml Sadly the game support has been already abandoned. Even if you contact EA directly (as me), the support person after 60 minutes of trying all different stuff (he really tried) told me, that they have no more tools to fix server issues for BF4. :-(

I did not play the game since then...
Message 95 of 114 (1,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Blutwor you are right , I have been in contact with them for two days, and unfortunately the support and support staff are very bad
Message 96 of 114 (1,897 Views)

★ Guide

What a sad excuse, something that took you guys two seconds to fix and help your loyal customers with, you have now abandoned them, you haven't abandoned the game you abandoned your loyal customers, but then tell us you're working on updating the issues since April. When it's been all bs.

What's matter, BFV didn't make half of what BF4 made so you're trying to disrupt a fine game by causing server issues?

Very sad choice you guys made, I'm going to think twice next time EA comes out with another BF or even FIFA.

Message 97 of 114 (1,839 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_TomEA_Blueberry Why could not you just revert to the server updates you did before it got broken? I understand where you stand from the business perspective, but what about your reputation?

EA has been bashed for really long now and although some of the issues are over-saturated (I am talking about FIFA in this instance), but this is issue with invisible servers I would accept as game breaking.

I would understand if it was a minor glitch, but it literally happens every single time.

Get your stuff together.

Sincerely,

Battlefield Veteran
Message 98 of 114 (1,698 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

That is very correct @grawitj , this is a fatal error that EA purposely injected into their BF4 server software update on January 24th this year.

Unfortunately we individual server renters do not have the muscle power (read: Money to hire a lawyer to bring EA to court), so that is how they just get away with it.  

@EA_Blueberrytries his best to give a partly explanation, but that is only to answer for why we no longer get any decent support, despite we actually had paid for the full server rental and was not notified that the included support no longer was there.

But Blueberry completely ignore to give any explanation for the fact that EA injected that malicious piece of code into the server software that makes it disappear from being found by any BF4 player in case the server goes empty at any point of time.  and that it remains in this vegetative state until an admin goes into the admin-only menu to start up the server again.

This is what really kills the BF4 server- and player base world wide!

Way long before time it otherwise would, if EA had left us to join any of the thousands of rented servers still out there!

Very shady behavior from a game developer towards its own base of core payers/users....

Message 99 of 114 (1,678 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm experiencing this on PS4 as well. I've joined my server as a parma-spectator to keep it up but it's unfortunate because I can't use my PS4 for anything =/
Message 100 of 114 (1,609 Views)