Re: Not all servers or rented server shown in server browser

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm on Xbox one having the exact same issue. Id: HyugoS

Message 31 of 114 (2,874 Views)

Community Manager

*Quick Update*

This has not been forgotten and it's still being looked into. It's taking longer than expected but the team is committed to getting this resolved as soon as possible, thank you very much for sticking this out with us. We don't have an ETA on this right now but we'll continue to update you as soon as we have more information.

Blueberry.png
Message 32 of 114 (2,829 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you very much @EA_Blueberry for the update. I wish it would not take as long as it seems BFV is drawing all of our players. Could you please confirm what has been passed onto developers? I love how my post has reached the folks in Dice and that this issue will be fixed promptly. 

Message 33 of 114 (2,808 Views)

Battlefield 4 server loan

★★★ Newbie

I paid 60$ to have my own server but he don't stay on the server browser when its empty so people can't join, i have to switch the server type to ranked and go back to official and then i see it but if I close the game the server is gone again i don't know what is the problem....Do someone know how to fix this? 

Message 34 of 114 (2,746 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 server loan

★★ Guide

Thats so weird. My clan has 2 servers too but i never see them in my browser. It’s so weird that there has to be someone in it to show up in the browser ... hope they fix it .

Message 35 of 114 (2,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @EA_Blueberry , appreciate your response!  But as we have to be realistic and look at the true facts on the ground.  EA is obviously not doing much about this now well confirmed fatal bug they introduced back on 24th January.  As a matter of fact, we can only consider this was a defect they deployed consciously to the BF4 server park!  So please lets try and be honest about this subject and stop the bs.  Sorry to go straight to it.  But I do understand what EA is trying to achieve by disabling our server functionality.  Now EA will have reduced their active server slots with approx 80-90%, as only the active and only those being 'kept alive' by an active admin will have to be assigned processing time and space in the server park that EA rents from their own sub-vendor/provider of this!  So serious money of course when adding all up for them!   Much reduced operating costs, while income remains for the rentals from us, resulting in bigger profit margin to EA.  And next to this, this will further encourage the player base to leave BF4 and move on to BF1 (dead already) or BFV (not the same either...).

So several very clear benefits for EA to wanting this 'unfortunate bug' to have been deployed to all the BF4 server park.

That such a severe level 1 bug is allowed to remain active for so long is testament to their real intentions.

I welcome comments from the other fellow server owners/renters, aka @NPCtom , @mikekiller-46 , @kevins7731 , @Sollers1 @Chronic1Thunder ....

Message 36 of 114 (2,470 Views)

Community Manager

@CyberDyme 

We are still investigating this and when we have detailed information from the studio and engineers we'll relay them back to you as soon as possible. We know this has been an ongoing concern for BF4 players and we really do appreciate you hanging in there with us. 

Blueberry.png
Message 37 of 114 (2,461 Views)

Community Manager

The team is testing out a fix but needs more info from those being affected. Please respond back with the following:

• Platform
  • Time of day (include timezone) of when your rental server disappears from the list (We recommend performing an Origin client restart/console restart first before confirming it's not showing up)
  • Origin ID or Gamertag or PSN ID
  • SCREENSHOTS of the server browser filter from BOTH the favorites and regular universal server browser list with your filter selections. 
    • Have you tried resetting the server browser filter back to default and adjusted the player slot size to see it appear?
    • Have you sorted the server list by ping, server player count, etc.?

*If you can include a video of you navigating the above that would be EXTREMELY helpful. We would visually like to see what you're witnessing from your end*

Thank you all for helping us out with this information.

Blueberry.png
Message 38 of 114 (2,380 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @DixonBauls

If you try now are you getting the same issue and when you say "server browser function" do you mean the website or in the game battlefield 4? 

For everyone else we need clarification on. @NPCtom @CyberDyme @mikekiller-46 

When you say battlelog are you saying it's in the game of Battlefield 4, on the battlelog webbsite or on the phone app? 

/Atic 

Message 39 of 114 (2,324 Views)

★★ Guide

Hello @EA_Atic  

When i search clan servers i can’t see them in the server browser when empty . But if one of the admins join i can see it. So i just can’t see the server when no one is in it. 

I hope this helped you understand what i meant Standard smile

Message 40 of 114 (2,321 Views)