Re: Not all servers or rented server shown in server browser

by arrePi3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not all servers or rented server shown in server browser

★ Apprentice

Battlefield 4 PS4 not all servers are shown in the server browser

I am having an issue where the server browser does not show all servers. The only search filter I have is the region Oceania. My rented server does not show up in Battlelog either. 

Is there a fix for this issue?

Message 1 of 114 (15,479 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all,

An update on the the Rental Server program for which we've now ended in-game support.

It’s always a hard decision to end in-game support for one of our games. To provide in-game support we need to develop, upgrade, and maintain special tools over the life-cycle of a game. At a certain point, those tools are needed less and less often, either because the game teams have worked to eliminate the problem we needed the tools for, or because the playerbase for the game has dwindled. That’s when we look at ending in-game support. We will always help with game codes, account issues, and technical problems, but it makes more sense for us to develop new tools for our upcoming games than to continue to invest in offering full support for games that no longer need it.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 91 of 114 (12,602 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, every time I leave my server and after that access the serverlist I cannot find mine server.

There's some kind of filter that i need to set?

Message 2 of 114 (15,386 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We run a BF4 server with more than 16000 favorites on it and we have exactly same problem reported to us from hundreds of gamers now over past 2 weeks!

I read a post on REDDIT where they describe this coming after a server indexing software update done by EA mid January 2019.

You may notice that this bug both causes that your result when free searching for new servers and also your list of favorites is not all the time showing accurately.

E.g. I cannot even find my own server some days, and it is also gone from my list of favorites.

And then suddenly it appears again, despite nothing has been changed on servers settings or on my PS4 itself.

This is severely disturbing and something EA has to fix ASAP !!!

We are paying for a new server and trying to build up the player community for it and then its not even searchable or disappearing from player's favorite list. 

Secondly:  We should get our money back for the days that our servers are not visible on the network!

And Yes, I already contacted the EA support.  All they wanted to focus on was MY PS4 BF4 setup and MY own local server.

No matter I highlighted repeatedly that this is not just about MY PS4 and MY server!

It is across many many servers and it comes and goes randomly after that last software update by EA!

I have approx 15 servers on my own favorites list.  Now last days I have between 8-12 showing up on that list, including sometimes my own and sometimes they are also gone from the list.

And then the following days, suddenly they are back again.

EA - FIX IT NOW !

Message 3 of 114 (15,356 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @arrePi3  @NPCtom @CyberDyme, Thank you for your reports, and for your patience while we have been investigating this issue. Are you still experiencing today that you cant see all RSP servers in the server browser? 

Thanks!

/Atic 

Message 4 of 114 (15,298 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic  Still can't see mine rented server on the server list, in some days the server stays on for a long time and some days that I need to turn on my console and start the server manually.

Server page:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/xboxone/bdb1489f-6e90-4837-b3cd-1a7bae87e18f/GOLMU...

Message 5 of 114 (15,287 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same exact issue, they keep resetting the server and suddenly it shows up, but 24 hrs later it disappears again and I have to go through the same process again, conmtact EA, reset server, reload banner.....wait for server to get full again, and last night btw, it crashed multiple times while playing, thank god I have a good following base, it was full again in 2 mins, but it crashed so many times, that everyone got tired of restarting a new game and server went empty.

Message 6 of 114 (15,278 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @EA_Atic , my servers have all been there the last 24 hours or so.   Did not notice others missing either from my favourites list, so whatever you did, appears to have worked for me!

fingers crossed that it will stay like that!

Message 7 of 114 (15,255 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Chronic1Thunder my friend!

indeed your server was among those missing on my favourite list during past 10 days or so!

darn annoying for us hard working server owners who even pay for this..... fun.   😀

Message 8 of 114 (15,254 Views)

★ Guide
Hey @CyberDyme my brother....
I just wish they would fix this simple problem, I been nothing but patient during this whole ordeal, had the server for just over two years and never had a problem, techs @ EA are nothing but helpful guys but yesterday had me running around like the problem was on my end and not there's.
they even had me deleting the entire game and reload it again, until the third tech that I got on with did something and it finally showed up.
I hate spending money and the server is empty, when I know for the last two years it's always been full 24/7.
Message 9 of 114 (15,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic 

Thanks for the reply's. Basically, all RSP servers do not show up in the server browser - if they are empty. It doesn't matter what filter you set.

Ever since the Battlefield 4 'Back-End Maintenance' on 24/01/2019. Our/My server can't be seen if they are empty. The players that have "Favourited" our servers, cannot see it. Official Dice servers are now more likely to get started first (which is kind of sad). Please un-do what ever was done on the 24/01/2019, so that all RSP servers in our respective regions, can be displayed on our server browser on the default setting. Please also allow "Official" servers only to be displayed on default. Standard smile

The way it is know, I don't know if I should continue to pay for a server? I wanna continue to support BF4, but not after what ever "Maintenance" was done on the 24th of January.

Thanks!

NZ-Roulette

Message 10 of 114 (15,216 Views)